PDA

View Full Version : Par5e interface change?

Seraphim
February 22nd, 2016, 11:57
I'm confused and used to the version in Xorn's video that looked like this:

However, the most recent version I updated has the path look like this:

It may sound silly but I can't figure out the input path configuration for my new Index. I get it so that the module will export and open in FG, but I can't figure out where the input folder would be? (The folder where I put things such as background.txt and npcs.txt). Basically, I have a blank Index in FG and can't figure out where to put the files so that the parse can update them.

I'd be fine using the old version also if someone has a link to it.

damned
February 22nd, 2016, 12:17
The settings in your screenie are fine.
You want to have the following folders

\input
\input\tokens
\input\images
\output

and these should be inside the Module path you have set.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2016, 12:49
Note that you don't need the images or tokens folder if you aren't going to be parsing any images or tokens. Also when you do your first par5e it will create the output folder. So the only folder you must create is the input folder which as damned says goes inside your Westhaven folder. All of your text files are then saved within that input folder.

Seraphim
February 22nd, 2016, 13:18
When I open the module in FG there's nothing in it. I also get an error as in the image below. I feel as if my file paths are wrong somewhere. I included a post of how all my stuff is set up. Maybe someone can dispel what i'm doing wrong ;)

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2016, 14:45
You have par5e on your desktop. In your first screen shot you are pointing to C:/Users/Sera/Desktop. But it looks like your input folder is in C:/Desktop/Par5e

Seraphim
February 22nd, 2016, 15:28
I don't have a C:/Desktop folder in Win 10. It does it based off a user directory path.

I extracted Par5e to C:/Users/Sera/Desktop/Project Par5e
My Fantasy Grounds files are at C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds

My Module path in Par5e is set to: C:/Users/Sera/Desktop/Project Parse
My FG Module path in Par5e is set to: C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/modules

I made a Input folder at C:/Users/Sera/Desktop/Project Par5e/Westhaven/Input
When I hit Parse, it automatically creates the output folder as this C:/Users/Sera/Desktop/Project Par5e/Westhaven/Output

It's actually interesting you mention that though because I can open them both ways.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2016, 15:39
I don't have a C:/Desktop folder in Win 10. It does it based off a user directory path.

My Module path in Par5e is set to: C:/Users/Sera/Desktop/Project Parse

Do you mean C:/Users/Sera/Desktop/Project Parse/Westhaven? - like you have in your first screenshot.

Although I have windows 10 I upgraded so my paths are different to yours.

I installed par5e to C/Project Par5e
The other thing I wonder about is whether you have full permissions for the folder you are trying to access. The fact that it writes the Output folder seems to indicate you have but it might be worth checking.
It might also be worth moving the entire folder out of users and into a more top level one.
Otherwise I'm not terribly sure what the problem is.

Seraphim
February 22nd, 2016, 15:45
Yeah. This is what it looks like:

I can try moving it up to a different directory. But im not sure if that will help.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2016, 15:49
Yeah. This is what it looks like:

I can try moving it up to a different directory. But im not sure if that will help.

Sorry, but your screenshot is showing that your module path is not C:/Users/Sera/Desktop/Project Parse/Westhaven which is what it needs to be.

Also try deleting your .properties file and creating a new one.

Seraphim
February 22nd, 2016, 16:03
Alright, I've moved everything, and I tried to capture as much visual information as I could. You were right, the directory was set wrong but it was because I was fiddling with it and didn't change it back. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same errors. I feel as if I'm missing something rather obvious.

I have changed and attempted to make a new .properties file.
Also I have set everything for admin privledges in case that would be a factor.

Still no dice. I have no idea what's missing ):

Seraphim
February 22nd, 2016, 16:22
Wow. It's always the simple things isn't it? I just figured it out. It was because my files were named as such:
background.txt
npcs.txt

It should be
background
npcs
as .txt files. Adding the extension was making the parser unhappy. Thanks for mulling through this with me Zach, I was so frustrated because I knew it was something really simple.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2016, 16:26
Ah, jolly good. Your screenshots showed the correct filenames so I didn't think that was the problem but of course if you have extensions hidden then effectively the file was called backgrounds.txt.txt.

magnusprime27
May 24th, 2016, 18:20
so not having the thumbnail path for the phb im working on, where do I put the thumbnail at?

Zacchaeus
May 24th, 2016, 20:28
Put the thumbnail in the same level as your input folder within whatever your top level folder is. So if you are working on a folder called PHB then both the input folder and thumbnail should be in the folder PHB. Note also it must be a .png file and it must be called Thumbnail.png

magnusprime27
May 25th, 2016, 05:55
thanks for that.
as far as forums n blogs go the ones her for FG is the most supportive, helpful, ive seen,
everyone here does a great job helpin each other