PDA

View Full Version : Not finding adventure module purchases from FG store

IrishBouzouki
February 22nd, 2016, 01:41
Hello folks,

Two modules I purchased are not showing up in Fantasy Grounds. Symptoms slightly different. Hopefully someone knows what I am doing (or not doing) incorrectly.

TPK's module The Tomb of Caragthax (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=TPKADV001RFG2) shows up on the updater but I can not find it when creating a new game under either the PFRPG or 3.5E rulesets.
AaW's module Campaign Setting: Rybalka (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=AAWFGCS1) doesn't show up on the updater but I did download an exe using the link in the confirmation email.
I had 3 other modules in the same purchase that downloaded from links in the email and 2 other modules in the same purchase that the link merely opened a text file saying to run the updater. In any event those 5 all seem to have installed automatically by the updater and appear when I create a new campaign in the PFRPG ruleset. But not the two mentioned above.
I have 3.1.6 (says in the launcher) although the updater says 3.1.5, Ultimate license.

What do I need to do in order to get these two other purchases to show up?

Thanks,
John

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2016, 01:59
First thing - restart FG to make sure it reads any new modules.

I've checked the installation for both and there's nothing out of the ordinary. Check the <FG App Data>\modules directory for PFRPGTheTombofCaragthax.mod and AaW Campaign Setting - Rybalka.mod

They should appear as this in the module activation screen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/PFRPG/AaW%20Campaign%20Setting.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/PFRPG/tomb%20of%20Caragthax.jpg

IrishBouzouki
February 22nd, 2016, 02:10
Nope. Caragthax shows up in my Documents / Fantasy Grounds / modules subfolder as "PFRPGTheTombofCaragthax.mod" but there is no sign of Rybalka there (guess not surprising since the updater doesn't tag it either).
(on a side note - is that your own Rise of the Drow module?)

Wondering if I need to execute the Rebalka exe download to install it? Didn't want to do that without being certain it was needed first. But Caragthax is a total mystery.

edit - checked to be sure same thing happens trying to load modules from the manage characters mode... those two do not show up, everything else in the purchase does.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2016, 02:14
Nope. Caragthax shows up in my Documents / Fantasy Grounds / modules subfolder as "PFRPGTheTombofCaragthax.mod" but there is no sign of Rybalka there (guess not surprising since the updater doesn't tag it either).
Is this directory where all the other FG modules are? If not, move the .mod file to the <FG App Data>\modules directory where all the others are.

Wondering if I need to execute the Rebalka exe download to install it?
Absolutely, it won't install without running the installer.

(on a side note - is that your own Rise of the Drow module?)
It's currently in development for public release - delays due to sorting out some cartography.

IrishBouzouki
February 22nd, 2016, 02:33
Yep that is the directory with all my modules, Caragthax is there, but doesn't show up. See images...
Here is the modules folder...
Here is the top of the modules list missing "AaW Campaign Setting - Rebalka" under 'a'...
Here is the bottom of the modules list missing "The Tomb of Caragthax" under 'T'

but... yeah... let me see if the AaW setting loads after I actually install it then

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2016, 02:36
Here is the top of the modules list missing "AaW Campaign Setting - Rebalka" under 'a'...
Have you ran the installation executable you downloaded?

IrishBouzouki
February 22nd, 2016, 02:38
Now I have run the install on Rebalka and it is showing up fine. One solved.
The Tomb of Caragthax is still missing from FG even though the file is in the folder and the updater lists it.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2016, 02:40
The Tomb of Caragthax is still missing from FG even though the file is in the folder and the updater lists it.
Delete PFRPGTheTombofCaragthax.mod and run an update again.

IrishBouzouki
February 22nd, 2016, 02:47
Yep, that fixed it, thanks. All solved!

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2016, 02:48
Yep, that fixed it, thanks. All solved!
Cool. :)