xanstin
February 21st, 2016, 21:02
Lol let me figure out the legalities of posting the maps I made in CC3

Varsuuk
February 23rd, 2016, 19:25
Maps are fantastic, especially for me..."the unskilled with drawing tools guy"

kylania
February 23rd, 2016, 20:08
I'd made a few of these too. I'll upload my versions when I get home.

LordEntrails
February 24th, 2016, 01:09
@Xanstin,
If you made the maps, in CC, you are permitted to share them as images regardless of what symbols you use. At least this is what I've seen with every CC symbol catalog (including CSUAC and Vintyri) that I've seen.

The only question comes if you have a custom symbol catalog (that you've obtained elsewhere) and distribute the .FCW file. Because you are then distributing the symbol in it's native format as well. It's still ok to distribute a .FCW with symbols from ProFantasy, CSUAC or Vintyri as long as the map is not substantially just a bunch of symbols (i.e. you couldn't make a map of your favorite symbols from any of the above sources and then distribute that as an .FCW file. Though you could (probably) could share an image of such a map.

You can find discussions of this on the ProFantasy forums and in their FAQ, plus if you read the licenses that come with the CSUAC and Vintyri collection.

kylania
February 24th, 2016, 03:10
Actually, the maps I was thinking of were from DDEX2-9 Eye of the Tempest, a sort of sequel to 2-6. They aren't the best, but worked for me. :)

https://i.imgur.com/tIffxlj.jpg

Here's the rest: https://imgur.com/a/F00y5

xanstin
February 24th, 2016, 13:18
Yeah it's the custom images I'm thinking about. Let me look into it tonight if I get some time....running too many games lol

xanstin
February 24th, 2016, 13:19
Kylania I'm working on parsing 2-9 I think I will snag that one! Thanks.

xanstin
February 26th, 2016, 16:49
Rather than try to get a legal degree ;), Im going to go back in and remove any questionable elements to avert any complications. Ill post as I get them.

xanstin
February 26th, 2016, 17:30
I took some creative liberties...hope you like them. Grid size is set to 80 for FG.

xanstin
February 26th, 2016, 17:31

LordEntrails
February 27th, 2016, 02:40
Rather than try to get a legal degree ;), Im going to go back in and remove any questionable elements to avert any complications. Ill post as I get them.

This is why I don't download or install resources anymore that have any type of license that requires inclusion of the license itself or any-type of crediting. It's too hard to make a map or such and then try to remember what licenses you are supposed to include/reference or people you are supposed to credit.

I understand an artist wanting to be given credit, but for something like map symbols it's too difficult.

xanstin
March 6th, 2016, 18:44
Is there any way for me to move this to the maps subforum?

Trenloe
March 6th, 2016, 23:52
Is there any way for me to move this to the maps subforum?
You can't, but I can. Moved as requested. :)

Varsuuk
March 15th, 2016, 04:43
Very appreciated Xanstin!

I'd be happy to help a brother out with any C++ issues, but I have 10 big toes on my hands when it comes to computer art. I am inordinately proud to have simply removed #s from the DDEX1-1 DM maps (from PDF version) with help of a video recommended here by Xorn I think

Heck, I got crazy and have removed 3 numbers from the houses in the Phlan surrounding map (from Dragon mag), but can't do too many of those at a time... damn my obsessive retouching! (not that it even looks great after I retouch - dunno why I do it... lol)