PDA

View Full Version : Marching Order Image?

GrimmSpector
February 21st, 2016, 20:28
There any way to get an image, or images into the marching & formation order map? Would be awesome if we could.

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2016, 20:59
The short answer is no.

Trenloe
February 21st, 2016, 23:44
Nope. But you can use drawings and pointers if that helps any: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Drawings

GrimmSpector
February 21st, 2016, 23:45
That's a shame, ok thanks guys!

Blackfoot
February 25th, 2016, 18:32
It could be done with an extension no? Seems like it wouldn't be that bad to do, although I'm not sure about a changeable image... you could probably replace what's there with something else without too much trouble. If you had a 'better' standard image that you wanted to use. I can think of a couple that might be kinda cool.
An image with 2 woodsy paths.. 1 that is a single square wide and another that's 2 ..

Trenloe
February 25th, 2016, 20:35
It could be done with an extension no?
There are various limitations as the imagecontrol is anchored to an <image> record in the database of the campaign. So you'd always need to have an image manually loaded into the campaign database (with a specific name), or code the extension to look for a specific module and use an image from there - but the module would be then need to be loaded in the campaign. So, it's possible, but it's not 100% automatic - and you'd need to pre-populate the image you wanted to use. And there could be sizing constraints of the image used for it to fit "nicely" within the marching order image window.

GrimmSpector
February 25th, 2016, 23:28
Wondering if the way the "decal" changing extension was setup could be extended to this, to make it GM configurable, would be kind of nice.

Blackfoot
February 26th, 2016, 00:06
It looks like it would be simple enough to have it use a different frame... on a more or less permanent basis. Doing more than that is obviously more involved and to be honest, there's not much bang for the buck here. The 'order' portion of the party sheet SHOULD be more or less generic, otherwise if it is really that specific.. you probably should just use a map to do it... which you obviously could do right now.

GrimmSpector
February 26th, 2016, 00:28
true, but I'm thinking let them have their campsite and never know when it's going to get attacked lol

Blackfoot
February 26th, 2016, 00:42
I would do that with a map. Pull the tokens from the desktop instead of from the tracker, that way they aren't linked and won't get messed up when you are doing other things with them... the desktop tokens can have multiple copies without issue.

GrimmSpector
February 26th, 2016, 01:00
I'll give that a try, thank you.

damned
February 27th, 2016, 07:24
For anyone that is interested - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28564-Marching-Formation-Extension&p=256146
Its a basic implementation as per Blackfoot and Trenloes suggestions... This has no DB component, cannot be changed on the fly and has other limitations....

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/partysheet.jpg

GrimmSpector
February 27th, 2016, 07:53
Oooo I like it, definitely worth a look!

damned
February 27th, 2016, 08:25
Oooo I like it, definitely worth a look!

Sorry - yes I posted it for you I - I meant that I basically just did what the other posters were suggesting :)

GrimmSpector
February 27th, 2016, 15:45
I figured as much, I just haven't gotten around to it, low priority, been working on other thing. Thanks damned!