PDA

View Full Version : Code for Grapple Attack?

bigbluepaw
February 20th, 2016, 03:53
Hey folks. I was trying to figure out how to code in a grapple attack for one of my custom monsters in 5E.

Did a search on the forums and the wiki. Came up with nothing.

It should be an opposed strength vs. strength / dexterity check. If the player fails, they have certain effects.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2016, 18:12
When looking at creatures in the MM, it seems that the format looks like this. ("The target is grappled (escape DC 14) if it is a Large or smaller creature and the chuul doesn't have two other creatures grappled.")

When the phrase "The target is grappled" is hovered over, it will highlight and allow you to drag the grappled effect to a target. The escape rolls are not automated in the ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2016, 19:26
Hey folks. I was trying to figure out how to code in a grapple attack for one of my custom monsters in 5E.

Did a search on the forums and the wiki. Came up with nothing.

It should be an opposed strength vs. strength / dexterity check. If the player fails, they have certain effects.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Just some further info; the opposed check isn't automated - you'll have to roll those manually. When a creature with the phrasing pointed out by Moon Wizard above is used then the 'grappled' effect will appear on the Combat Tracker and you can then drag that to the target or double click to have it apply.

bigbluepaw
February 21st, 2016, 19:12
K. Gotcha. Thanks so much!