PDA

View Full Version : dm help with out of the abyss CONTAINS SPOILERS

rabbedrabit
February 20th, 2016, 01:16
started out of the abyss bought the campain off fg how do i add the npc's to the combat tracker so they can assist with the combats?

kylania
February 20th, 2016, 01:49
Drag the NPC icon from the Personalities list onto the Combat Tracker. Then drag their token from the left side of the Tracker onto the map in use. Click the little 'helmet' icon between the Wounds field and the Target icon to change them to Friendly.

rabbedrabit
February 20th, 2016, 03:14
Drag the NPC icon from the Personalities list onto the Combat Tracker. Then drag their token from the left side of the Tracker onto the map in use. Click the little 'helmet' icon between the Wounds field and the Target icon to change them to Friendly.

thanks that worked but i dont see ront on the list am i missing him somewhere?

kylania
February 20th, 2016, 03:24
Hmm yeah, seems he's not on the NPC list, but you can find him and drag him from the 01.03.05 Ront story entry. There's a link to 'Ront - NPC' there.

Vishera
February 20th, 2016, 20:07
Yes Ront is missing, I killed him off early in the game because I couldn't find info on him and I was too lazy to type it all up. I then later found his info in the story entry. RIP Ront.

rabbedrabit
February 20th, 2016, 21:56
Yes Ront is missing, I killed him off early in the game because I couldn't find info on him and I was too lazy to type it all up. I then later found his info in the story entry. RIP Ront.

lol my party has 2 monks 2 clerics and a warloc they need all the tanks they can get

rabbedrabit
February 20th, 2016, 21:57
Hmm yeah, seems he's not on the NPC list, but you can find him and drag him from the 01.03.05 Ront story entry. There's a link to 'Ront - NPC' there.

kool thanks

TASagent
February 23rd, 2016, 02:10
Oh! Thanks for pointing this out!

It seems Ront was left trapped in the "Monster Manual - Creatures" tab with other generics.

Poor Ront!

TASagent
February 23rd, 2016, 02:36
I sent Doug an update where I fixed the tab Ront was sorted in, moving him to the proper NPC tab. This also fixes the damage resistances of the Shambling Mound (an old Monster Manual error had snuck in and I hadn't corrected it).

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2016, 08:59
Sharing the NPC's becomes problematic in OOTA. There are so many and they easily determine the outcome at the start. The wererat brothers and Darondel are beasts in combat! While a few NPC's ended up biting the dust at the beginning, most survived and that really detracted from the role-play; too much deus ex machina. Began introducing variations to make the game more interesting for the players. Many dropped due to lost engagement. I really can't blame them. Finally called the game because I really needed to re-think how to make the it fun from the beginning.

I didn't bother with any of the NPCs apart from the one who knew the way to Slublidoop and the one there who knows how to get to the next place etc.

kylania
February 25th, 2016, 14:40
Stool! He was so cute I dedicated my life to helping him get home.