PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Level 5 for a 7 EST Tuesday game (Hamachi a must)

Lance Dieselman
February 19th, 2016, 04:13
Hey folks! So I'm a DM with a consistent 3.5 game on Tuesday nights EST at 7pm. We have four people who seem pretty dedicated and we've been adventuring since level 1. We could use another hand or two on deck. Hamachi is a must to play, as my ports are blocked by my ISP. It's all pretty boilerplate, but in a homebrew world. You don't need any specific knowledge, and I'll work on backstory with you if you'd like to do something exotic. I'm pretty strict on level adjustments and the like, but we have a number of fairly powerful party members. I try not to pull punches, so assume your character could die. So far, it's mostly been a dungeon crawling group with some light roleplaying. I only ask that you can commit semi regularly or at least let me know if you can't make it some weeks. Everyone is cool, we do voice over a Vent server.

Send me a PM, or check out our game Calendar, named City of the Sun. Not sure if this link works, but we'll try it

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1678 (City of the Sun)

Hope to hear from you!

gaara6666
February 19th, 2016, 05:38
Hi there. if you are using hamachi it is probably from a port forward issues. if you port forward ports 1801 and 1802 you will be fine

damned
February 19th, 2016, 06:01
Hey gaara6666 the OP has said that his ISP blocks the ports...
Also its only TCP1802 that is required :)

Lance Dieselman
February 26th, 2016, 00:03
Bump for good luck?

Lance Dieselman
February 26th, 2016, 21:12
This is a bump, but also, I haven't called my ISP yet to ask if they can unblock the necessary ports. What I've read so far is that they never do, does anyone have experience with asking ISPs to unblock ports? I'd really like to get more people involved, we have a great game and I'll do whatever I can to reduce barriers to this equation

damned
February 26th, 2016, 22:55
Hi Lance - send me a PM and I will have a look at your setup with you.

thomasdarkrose
March 6th, 2016, 17:59
I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in as one of the regulars in this game. It's a ton of fun and worth the use of Hamachi, which really isn't a big deal. We've got an amazing cast of characters including a Half-Minotaur Warforged as our nasty nasty melee meat shield, a Raptoran Cleric who is the only current member from the original party and who is now throwing javelins like a mobile missile turret, A human rogue who just joined us after our cowardly Drow Rogue ran away so we don't know much about him yet, and lastly our Sun Elf Wizard/Warlock who happens to hate elves and despite being a drop dead gorgeous example of a male elf, thinks he's ugly as sin.
The cast is interesting. The story is compelling. The GM is amazing. And best of all we've got the major archetypes covered so you can be anything you wish.
So if you're free on Tuesday evenings and interesting in joining us drop our GM a line.