PDA

View Full Version : Question about sharing sheets

Neumannium
March 17th, 2005, 22:41
Hi all,

I searched for the answer to this on both the forums and the manual, so if it has been answered before, please be gentle with me! :lol:

In a trial session with a new player last night I realized that in the campaign I'm creating I'm going to want to give the PCs some notes and maps...is there a way for me to share them with the PCs, and then allow them to have control over them? I mean allow them to open and close them locally?

Thing is, I want to give them a crude treasure map and instead of sharing it, I want them to be able to open and close it whenever they want. And, I don't really want it on my desktop at all. Same thing goes for some notes they find in a diary...

So, I guess what I'm asking is: can I 'give' the PCs an image (map, note, picture) rather than 'share' it with them?

If there is something easy that the player has to do, I'm sorry, but I haven't seen the PC's client yet -- everyone's always logging into me!

Thanks for your help,

Neumannium

richvalle
March 17th, 2005, 23:53
Well, its acutally been reported as a bug that when you have a map on the dm's side it will transfer to the client's pc and store locally. If you want them to, the players could go outside of FG and open the file. Or you could email it to them and let them open it up that way... you are not stuck 'inside' FG once you start to run it.

Or you could open it, share it and minimize it on your side and they could do the same and then open it when ever they wanted too.

Just some ideas.

rv