PDA

View Full Version : Help with translating error messages

Ellspeth
February 18th, 2016, 14:19
When opening my campaign as GM I get the following error messages. None of this seems to be impacting the features, but have almost no computer technical background, I should like to know what it is and if there is something I should do to get rid of it. My players say they also get error messages logging in, I unfortunately don't have a screenshot of those. I included my table shot with the chat window because I believe this tells you which extensions I use in this campaign. 13065 Thanks in advance for any advice. This community is always so helpful.

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2016, 14:31
I suspect your extensions are causing the problem, Elspeth. Try disabling the Big Fonts one and also the card table extension. v3.1.6 changed the way tables work and I know that the card extension is not longer functioning becasue of that. It may be that the authors of those extensions haven't (or can't) update them to be compatible with v 3.1.6.

Ellspeth
February 18th, 2016, 14:39
I suspect your extensions are causing the problem, Elspeth. Try disabling the Big Fonts one and also the card table extension. v3.1.6 changed the way tables work and I know that the card extension is not longer functioning becasue of that. It may be that the authors of those extensions haven't (or can't) update them to be compatible with v 3.1.6. Thanks Zaccheus I did as you suggested and that indeed was the issue. Too bad about the big fonts, it is very popular with the players, 4-5 hours reading tiny font can be pretty straining.Hopefully they will discover the issue and update it.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2016, 15:14
You can still use the big fonts extension, it's the basic tables extension that is broken in FG 3.1.6. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions

Whenever you upgrade FG you should always check for updates to the extensions you use. Many will have to be updated by the developers to be compatible with the new code - even if there aren't any obvious errors.

Check the individual extension threads or the main extension list threads for updated compatibility issues. For example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-Extensions

Ellspeth
February 18th, 2016, 15:25
Thanks Trenloe, I am glad that still works, like I said some of us have some interesting vision issues. The link is helpful, as I sad the technical side I have little expertise in and had no idea where to look. I have noted in so I will be aware to check as future updates come out. To think when I was entering high school the argument was whether to allow basic calculators in the classroom. How times change. And as always the community has been more than helpful.