PDA

View Full Version : *Amateur Party* Looking for 1 or 2 players (Sunday 7PM EST)

EL_IS
February 18th, 2016, 06:37
Hello,

I have played a few basic nights of D&D, but the campaigns fell apart due to lack of attendance, hopefully Fantasy Grounds fixes that.
We have a much more experienced DM who has played since 3.5, maybe even earlier, but he doesn't have much experience as a DM.
We are planning on playing different campaigns until lvl 15-20, the first campaign got us to level 4, and each one there after should be 3-4 levels each.

We are playing Sunday nights roughly 7 pm - 1 am (Eastern USA) , due to work conflicts and etc there is a little flex time there, as well the day may shits from week to week depending on everyone's availability (hopefully one night every week at least).

Party Structure: Currently we have 4 people, Looking for 5-6 max party size.
Currently we have a Monk and Fighter who have been taking up the Melee Roles; a Bard who is our ranged Spell caster, as for myself I am playing a Druid in mid-range while playing a versatile role, some fights I'm close up, others I'm farther back.
We would prefer a dedicated healer, preferably Cleric, but anybody who can prevent us from dying would be great. We also have room for another ranged class, but currently it doesn't seem to be as necessary as a healer currently.

Game Play Warning: If we know somebody is going to be 30 minutes late or so we may start playing without you but we WILL NOT MAKE ANY STORY DECISIONS without you.
For example, if we have been slowly clearing out numerous, or extensive caves for the local village, or to get to the other side or something; and have spent the last few sessions doing so. We may progress without you, but if there is an important decision to be made we'll wait for you to return, keep in mind this is only if we know you aren't going to be delayed for long, or have given your prior consent to play without you.

Edition: We are playing D&D 5th Edition, just the Core handbook currently but more may be added as we progress.
License: We all own the basic game, and I don't know think a Trial edition would work if you didn't own your own copy
Voice: Will have been using Teamspeak 3 but if there are any problems we are willing to switch to Skype, or other programs.
Text: Currently we use Steam chat to coordinate outside of game nights, not mandatory, but highly recomended.
Time: Sunday 7 PM EST (Eastern USA) ( -5 GMT, I think...)
FG experience: The GM and I have been playing for several weeks now, as well, everyone in the party has at least a basic understanding of how FG works.
*Rated M for Mature* (Just a fair warning in case anyone can't handle a bit of foul language)
Character Level: We have recently turned level 5

I think that's about everything, Please have at least an idea of a character to play prior to Sunday (we spent way too much time the first week making characters for that to happen again), we can also try to get the DM to open the server on a prior night so you can make your character in advance.

If anyone is interested or has any questions either post here or send me a private message, whichever you feel more comfortable with, I'll probably respond within a day or 2 as long as I remember.

EDIT AGAIN

We are looking for 1-2 people that are level 5, the original post has been updated to provide more current information.
We should be playing next Sunday unless we end up having some last minute problems, but at the very least the new players can have a kind of "Session Zero" with the DM to figure out where the campaign is/where it's headed, etc.

Acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis, but we are looking for a minimum 1 Primary Healer.
Thank you

EDIT - CURRENTLY FULL

Vespa
February 18th, 2016, 13:57
Sent you a PM.

EL_IS
February 18th, 2016, 18:05
Thanks for all the responses, got 3 pretty quickly, I'll be talkin to the DM to see if he can handle the party size doubling, or we'll figure it out from there.

Sorry to everyone else

EL_IS
February 21st, 2016, 16:06
Gotta love it when first time players refuse to make a character prior to the night of.... also looks like we had someone drop out for the next 2 weeks at least.

Seems like we are somewhere between 3-5 people and the first night is tonight....(in about 8 hours if anyone is counting). We have a Druid, Monk, and Sorc Confirmed, could use somebody as standby if anyone is available (you will be replacing the no-show in the campaign, may be 'persuaded' to be our healer). It's also fine by me if you end up becoming our 6th and just being a permanent player, the only reason I said standby is because I'm busy the next 6 hours or so and won't have a way to confirm anything with you, when the campaign is getting ready to start I will probably message everyone and anyone that posts here or messages me and the first person to respond will most likely get the slot; sorry, no hard feelings, but we have a world to save.... or pillage.

EL_IS
February 21st, 2016, 17:17
Filled up again, thanks for the hasty responces, lets hope everyone shows up next week.

EL_IS
May 3rd, 2016, 03:55
We are looking for 2-3 people that are level 4, the original post has been updated to provide more current information.
We should be playing next Sunday unless we end up having some last minute problems, but at the very least the new players can have a kind of "Session Zero" with the DM to figure out where the campaign is/where it's headed, etc.

Acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis, but we are looking for a minimum 1 Melee (Tank prefered), and 1 Ranged
Thank you

Vhok
May 3rd, 2016, 03:59
maybe I am missing it but I don't see what it is that you are playing? is this 5e? pathfinder? 3.5 is the only 1 mentioned but that's in regards to the dm's experience.

EL_IS
May 3rd, 2016, 04:01
lol, my bad, I think I deleted that during Edits, it's 5th Edition

Rilmarion
May 3rd, 2016, 04:40
I'd love to join your campaign if your still in need of players. I'd prefer a melee class as I have played a warlock before so a change of range would be ideal. I will work on creating a tanky build character tomorrow after work and look forward in hearing from you.

I can use TS3 or Skype, doesn't matter to me as I prefer voice when it comes to these types of games.

EL_IS
May 4th, 2016, 00:18
Woot, Tank Found.

The origional post has been updated again, but in short.
There is still room for 2 more, preferably one ranged, and one versatile role, but we can work with anything.

CJNewYork11
May 4th, 2016, 02:43
I'd love to join if you're still looking for people. I've been wanting to play a warlock or a monk, but I'm flexible if something else fits better. Hope to hear from you soon!

EL_IS
May 4th, 2016, 03:59
Room for one more

benh09
May 5th, 2016, 04:09
Hey i sent you a Pm but juuuuussst in case it gets missed i would love to play as a tiefling bard with your party

EL_IS
May 5th, 2016, 04:54
Thanks for responding everyone, seems like we are full up for now.
I don't know if our Sorcerer is going to stick around or not, so if you are still interested send me a message and there may be a spot for you in a week or two.

-Happy Gaming-

EL_IS
May 26th, 2016, 23:24
Hello Again,

We've had more player drop-outs.
We are looking for 1-2 people that are level 5, the original post has been updated to provide more current information.
In short we have 2 melee (Fighter, Monk), 1 Ranged spell caster (Bard), and one mid range caster (Druid, Myself). We have lost our healer and Need somebody to help keep us alive.

Post here or Message me with any questions, or both.

Acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis, but we are looking for a minimum 1 Primary Healer.
Thank you

damned
May 26th, 2016, 23:59
Hello Again,

We've had more player drop-outs.
In short we have 2 melee (Fighter, Monk), 1 Ranged spell caster (Bard), and one mid range caster (Druid, Myself). We have lost our healer and Need somebody to help keep us alive.

Post here or Message me with any questions, or both.

Thank you

Clerics arent walking medi-kits just there to patch you up after your mistakes!

EL_IS
May 27th, 2016, 01:02
no, but its nice to have somebody with powerful heals at their disposal, I didn't say it has to be a Cleric, but as I understand they do get some nifty perks that other classes don't.

damned
May 27th, 2016, 01:22
no, but its nice to have somebody with powerful heals at their disposal, I didn't say it has to be a Cleric, but as I understand they do get some nifty perks that other classes don't.

I was just having a dig :) I think my cleric throws nearly as many offensive spells as he does healing ones.... the rest of the party grumbled a bit at first....

EL_IS
May 27th, 2016, 04:05
Our first cleric beat stuff down with his warhammer, it was pretty funny watching him destroy stuff at the early levels.
also I think we are the opposite of your party, I'd be grumbling if we had a cleric that would only cast healing spells or buffs, most of the time its just best to kill faster, but when somebody gets knocked down its nice knowing a heal wont just leave him 1 hit away from being knocked out again.

Koreapsu
May 27th, 2016, 05:35
If you're still looking for a cleric/healer type I have a character I've been interested in playing for some time.

I'll PM you about it.

djacob91
May 27th, 2016, 08:28
If you still need another person, I would be glad to join. Would be willing to play a cleric or any other class as needed.

EL_IS
May 27th, 2016, 23:25
Thanks for all the quick responses, it seem's like we are full up again.
(Unless somebody wants to be on Stand-By, in case someone else has to leave)

Happy Gaming.

chrismartel0817
May 28th, 2016, 19:42
Hi There!

I would love to join. I see that you are full right now but if something happens let me know. I am new to FG but have been playing on roll20 for about a year.

Olat
May 28th, 2016, 21:34
Me and a Friend are very interested. I am a DM and player on FG so I can definitely help out with how FG works and or other 5e Questions. My friend is experienced as well, we both have played in many DnD games together on Roll20 / FG.

Please let us know. We will make what ever characters are needed we are flexible. And us building a character wont take very long as we have done it numerous times.

Thanks.