PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder ruleset not auto rolling critical damage

Vladlock
February 18th, 2016, 04:47
I am starting up a new campaign and for some reason when my players score a critical hit Fantasy Grounds is not automatically rolling critical damage. I am sure it is just some setting somewhere or something silly like that but if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. I know there is a button you can click to force a critical damage roll but that seems like a bit of a pain. I am not sure if this is due to the last update patch or not.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2016, 04:59
It works fine with me. Can you upload a screenshot showing the critical attack roll and the resulting none critical damage roll? This will help to identify if there is something in the result data that might be causing an issue.

Vladlock
February 18th, 2016, 06:33
Here is a screen shot of the issue, not sure if i have everything that could effect it included so if you need more info please ask13064
Also the rolls were made by double clicking the attack and dmg from the character sheet if that helps

kane280484
February 18th, 2016, 06:40
I am sure it is just some setting somewhere or something silly like that but if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.Might be. Did you turn on the option "Critical confirm"in Options menu?

Vladlock
February 18th, 2016, 06:41
no, crit confirm is turned off

kane280484
February 18th, 2016, 07:02
AFAIK when it's turned off, no automatic critical damage is rolled. I am not sure, but I think it is also required to roll attack on a CT entry to work properly.

Vladlock
February 18th, 2016, 11:25
Just confirmed that it does work with crit confirm on, but shouldn't it also work with it off? I mean crit confirm is an optional rule AFAIK.

Vladlock
February 18th, 2016, 23:40
Also just tested this on the 5e ruleset and it roles the auto crit dmg with crit confirm turned off. Basically I guess the end question is, is it supposed to be that way for the pathfinder ruleset or is this some kind of bug?

kane280484
February 19th, 2016, 08:35
There is no crit confirm in 5E so it's fine. My guess is you either auto-confirm crits and then program automatically rolls proper damage as critical or you turn off both features. It is written like this. This is just my guess, some dev might want to correct this. TIP: if you hold SHIFT while rolling damage, it rolls critical. Less clicking.