PDA

View Full Version : connect issue

xinlli
February 17th, 2016, 13:17
first time i use normal FG ,my friend can join my game,we test something

but this time i update to ultimate FG,my friend can't join my game now,in my chat windows show me

XXX connected
XXX connection lost,waitting for reconnect
XXX disconnected

they display network error during host license check.

damned
February 17th, 2016, 13:54
you have an ultimate license xinlli?
send your friends IP address to [email protected] with this same info.
they look like they are blocked from the license server

xinlli
February 17th, 2016, 14:10
yes,it cost my two week income.....

we use a VLAN software.first we work fine,they can join my game,today them can't. i can host other game them can join,but not FG....

i don't have a public network IP,so we just need use VLAN-,-in china, an IP address is very expensive-,-but first day i buy FG,VLAN work.....

damned
February 17th, 2016, 14:24
Hi xinlli.

Is that like Hamachi? Do you mean VPN software?

If you are running some VPN or Private Network software you will need the player to connect to your Private Network / VPN IP Address.

eg. my LAN IP might be 10.1.1.27 and my Public IP 58.8.56.23 and my alias might be dirty socks smell good and these are things that FG can tell you but none of these are probably accessible thru the VPN. In your VPN software (or worst case drop into a cmd prompt and do a ipconfig) you should see another IP address that has been assigned to you. FG only works with IPv4 addresses too - it does not (yet) support IPv6.

I hope that helps...

xinlli
February 17th, 2016, 14:29
yes ,like hamachi-,-but hamachi can't used in china too....

we use some software,use the VLAN's IP,i host other game(DOTA IN WARCRAFT3),them can join me,but FG can't

damned
February 17th, 2016, 14:33
Try closing FG, disconnect the VLAN software, reconnect the VLAN software - confirm you have a VLAN IP address - and then launch FG again. FG will listen on all IPv4 addresses.
Check your Windows Firewall or AV isnt blocking FG.

Nylanfs
February 17th, 2016, 14:50
If he is using an ultimate license, and everyone else needs to connect to the VPN how do they ping FG's server to confirm the license. Is it through xinlli's connection?

I wonder if this isn't running into the IP blocking that Doug had to institute.

xinlli
February 17th, 2016, 14:57
same VLAN software,when i bought FG,my PC can join my game,same software,same computer,same network,same setting.....

ps: first time is 3.1.5...... today is 3.1.6??

Trenloe
February 17th, 2016, 15:02
To expand on what has been said above. When players connect to an Ultimate licence GM they (the player instance of FG) need to connect to the central Fantasy Grounds server ran by Smiteworks to check the validity of the Ultimate licence key. As the GM is seeing players connect and the players get a network error during licence check, it sounds like the players can't reach the FG servers.

When you are trying to play, can the players reach FantasyGrounds.com?

There have also been some instances of a lot of DDOS attacks from China, so FG has had to block some Chinese IP address ranges. So, if the players can access the Internet OK, it is more than likely this. As damned mentions above, send the external IP address the players will be using to [email protected] to see if they are blocking it. But, if your network setup means that there is no external IP address, then you might not be able to validate the licence at all.

xinlli
February 17th, 2016, 15:37
thx,we will try it

xinlli
February 19th, 2016, 05:37
they can reach FG.com and download demo FG on website...

because we can't use hamachi,so we use this VLAN software,https://www.ipve.com/ ,it from HONGKONG,when i bought FG i test FG aslo use it,then FG work,player can connected.that is 3.1.5....now FG is 3.1.6,they can't connect...

damned
February 19th, 2016, 05:42
Have you sent an email to [email protected] with the players IP addresses?
they are connecting to you as you see them connect and then disconnect
the most likely reason they are disconnecting is that they cant see the license server which is not the website or store servers.

xinlli
February 19th, 2016, 05:45
we use vlan,i don't know vlan's WAN IP, we--->VLAN software --->FG....

damned
February 19th, 2016, 05:51
have the player launch fg and choose Load Campaign and do the Click to retrieve for the External IP - this is the IP that you will need to report to Smiteworks.

xinlli
February 19th, 2016, 05:57
the External IP is error.....but first time we use VLAN,its work...just use internet IP,that software like the 'hamachi',its like we in a same LAN

damned
February 19th, 2016, 06:03
ok then its DEFINITELY the license server you cant get to.
have the players visit www.whatismyipaddress.com and report that address please.

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 02:36
OK, but no one reply my email....

damned
February 20th, 2016, 02:50
OK, but no one reply my email....

Hi Xinlli its a small company so you might not get an instant response. When did you send?
Also a lot of Spam (unfortunately) comes out of China so it might have gotten junked... you can PM the IP address to ddavison too.

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 02:54
thx,i will try,thx ag

updata:i think is my IP block,my friend host a game i can join him with same VPN-,-

damned
February 20th, 2016, 03:42
Hmmm.... you have an ultimate license - I dont think you need to do a license check so you should be able to connect to others. Its the players with demo licenses that need to send your license for checking... anyway - send all the IPs and they will have a look for you.

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 03:45
updata: now i delete my FG,and use a demo host a game,one of my PC can join my HOST .......so ,i bought the game on steam,steam give me two cdkey, in FG setting its have two box to fill the cdkey,how to fill it?i think its my license's problem.

damned
February 20th, 2016, 03:47
No. the issue is your players cant connect to the license server.
When you have an Ultimate license and demo player that connects must check your license with the license server.
When you change to Demo there is no license check.

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 03:53
can i test to connect license server?because we use a VLAN,we don't have my IP when i use VPN...i send a IP address to u guys,that is my IP address,that issue is affect days,we buy it want use it play DND,but now we can;t......

ty ag

damned
February 20th, 2016, 04:00
Sure - Xinli - remove your license key and connect to me: insane hook puny idol
But please understand - its not you who is checking the license when they get knocked back.
Your VLAN IP Address is not relevant - the IP address that matters is the IP address that reports when you go to google and type in: what is my ip address?

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 04:05
if i check ,with or without VLAN,my address is same,i use the website u given me and i get an ip address, its same,but if i use a VLAN,there will diffent like I -->VLAN -->FG or I --->FG

so i send a email but fail....

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
The account [email protected] is disabled.

need i use a gmail??

now i massage that guy u given me....

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 04:27
absolutely the server block my IP address!!!!!! i use a SSH change my IP address to USA,now them can join my HOST....

i send my IP address to that email with a gmail and send a message to the guy that u tell me

damned
February 20th, 2016, 04:28
Cool. Send the players IP Addresses too please. They will get you sorted out!

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 05:07
or can eidt hosts to vist license server???our ip address change everydays....in china so many people use internet,the MAIN DHCP change our ip address everyday-,-

is every player join my HOST need vist license server or just i need ?

damned
February 20th, 2016, 05:17
you will have to see what happens.
unfortunately about half of all the internet hacking attempts also come out of china which is why so much of china keeps getting blocked.

xinlli
February 20th, 2016, 05:27
ok,so FG is only one in steam said happy lunar new year but FG not served chinese?

few my players can join my host,but few can't ,,, so the player is also need vist the license server?