PDA

View Full Version : Crashes when my players attempt to open DMG or monster manual

Mogisback
February 17th, 2016, 04:40
Hey guys,

when ever players attempt to open the DMG or Monster manual while connected to any of my campaings they get an endless error pop up and they have to restart there PCs to get it to work again.

Unfortunately i am not at home so i can't up load my error right now. any ideas?

we are all connected via local area connection. all of us have our firewalls configured correctly.

this all happens when someone else hosts and we try and use the DMG or Monster manual.

also doesn't matter if run via Steam or not, same issue occurs. Fantasy grounds is run as admin on all pc's

damned
February 17th, 2016, 04:42
Hey - welcome Mogisback
Yeah. Stop sharing the DMG and the MM. These are not designed to be shared with players.

Trenloe
February 17th, 2016, 04:43
You shouldn't be allowing players to access these modules designed for the DM. If the players open them they download the whole module and open the whole module at once and FG runs out of memory and crashes.

Block the players from accessing these modules in the module activation screen (add the red X to the modules) and the players will need to clear their player cache before joining your game next time - the players must each press the nuclear button in the top right corner for the "Join Game" screen to clear their cache.

If the players need access to a specific creature from the MM or an item from the DMG, the DM should share these on an individual basis.

Mogisback
February 17th, 2016, 04:45
ok thanks guys, i just wanted to give the Druid access to some special creatures and give the players access to the magic items to look through.

also thanks for the welcome!