PDA

View Full Version : Constant Crashing

pierce768
February 17th, 2016, 03:23
Trying to play a session right now. Crashing endlessly.

We are playing pathfinder.
We generally load a map and everything is fine, get a few rolls in and then crash.
GM has to restart his computer for him to be able to launch the application again.

Anyone else having this issue? If anyone has questions about our game let me know I will provide all the details that I can.

damned
February 17th, 2016, 04:20
Im not seeing any other reports.

How much memory is the GMs computer using for FG?
How many tokens do they have in Tokens folder?
Check permissions on the C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds folder
How big are the maps you are using?
Does it crash in a new blank test campaign?

Trenloe
February 17th, 2016, 04:21
Who is crashing? The GM or the players or both?

Is the GM using any cloud sync apps for their FG data (Box, DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.)?

How many modules does the GM have open? Is the GM allowing access to any base adventure modules, rather than just player reference modules?

Does this issue occur if the GM creates a brand new campaign?

JerryRig
February 18th, 2016, 15:35
The problems are on my Fantasy Grounds. It occurred in one of my games and we rooted out the issue to be a single map that was crashing the campaign module even when it was not in use). This one I have eliminated all the maps except for the map of the swallowtail festival (from shared maps of Collum's) and I do have loaded the tokens & NPC's from RofRL shared packet of Collum's HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22402-OGL-material-for-use-in-Fantasy-Grounds). Otherwise it crashed in the previous module I built for it so this is the second campaign module I built and it was fine for our first game session but has since not been stable.

It will freeze up and say its not responding ...and will not relaunch even after reboot of FG. Requires me to have to completely reboot my PC to get it to launch again and does register that it crashed and made a back up file.

My plan was to reinstall FG and see if something got corrupted along the way because it is the third game folder i have had seize up on me (though al t he others still function fully). just have to figure out how to find out my ultimate license code again from FG to do it.

Moon Wizard
February 18th, 2016, 19:43
Can you send a copy of that map to [email protected]?

Thanks,
JPG

JerryRig
February 23rd, 2016, 16:36
I'm going to try to reinstall my ultimate edition today. I created the suggested Fantasy_grounds_data folder in my documents library and have many things saved there. When I uninstall are their any particular folders I should make sure I save other then this exterior folder mentioned above?

OR ...

Can I install another FG and activate my ultimate key in it without deleting the old one and run it without issue?

Nylanfs
February 23rd, 2016, 17:12
Nope, the keys are saved to the registry.

JerryRig
February 23rd, 2016, 20:10
Reinstalled and still wont load that particular game ...even removed the map and tokens.

Moon Wizard
February 23rd, 2016, 20:31
Please send me a copy of the entire campaign folder causing the crash. Send the ZIP file to [email protected]

JPG