PDA

View Full Version : Race & Class Links?

GrimmSpector
February 16th, 2016, 20:18
Question, in this ruleset, why is it not possible to drag in links for Classes and Races onto character sheets?? It would be super useful for referencing things. Would it be overly hard to modify the ruleset to allow this through extensions?

darrenan
February 16th, 2016, 20:35
The 5E ruleset got this part right by doing exactly what you suggest out of the gate. Is it possible in the PFRPG/3.5E ruleset? Probably. Is it practical? Not really. Consider the sheer variety of classes, races and archetypes that exist today and you are looking at a daunting task. Also, there are already module libraries that allow you to drag most stuff over to your character sheet. Those modules probably aren't updated for the very latest splat books to come out, but they do cover a lot of the options out there. Go to the stickied modules link in this forum, and you'll find at least one race/class module. The basic and advanced rules modules contain many of the feats ready to drag and drop, etc.

I just think that the value add for making an extension that allows dragging as you suggest is pretty small compared to the work involved, and the options that are already out there.

P.S. All of what I said above applies to Pathfinder only. I have zero experience with 3.5.

GrimmSpector
February 16th, 2016, 22:13
I wasn't considering doing it with archetypes honestly, and I'm aiming this at Pathfinder. It would be useful to the players when leveling up to a high degree I think. I've already been attaching the full entry for their Archetypes as "abilities" entries.