PDA

View Full Version : Fg dd5e books & mods

Patou
February 16th, 2016, 18:51
Hi Super Team,

I'm curious about getting the DMG and I was looking for a video that shows off a bit of the DMG version on FG and the item forge? Is there anything I can see that is other than what the store shows? I own the real DMG and I'm really curious about the item forge.

Thanks

Trenloe
February 16th, 2016, 19:22
The item forge comes with the standard 5E ruleset - click the "Forge" button at the top of the campaign Item window. The DMG will give you lots of items and templates to use in the forge.

However, the SRD module comes with quite a few magic item templates, so you can try it out yourself using the item forge and the SRD templates.

Trenloe
February 16th, 2016, 19:22
Using the Forge Wiki entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Item_Sheet#Using_The_Forge

Wardian
February 19th, 2016, 02:54
I'm also interested in what those who have the DMG on FG thought of it. Useful, what particular sections are handy? Any video links?

spite
February 19th, 2016, 03:29
No video links, but I use the hell out of magic items and magic forge, though with the release of the SRD that is more accessible than ever without the DMG, but lacking the art and other nifty backstory stuff.
Have also used a lot of the recommended alternate rules, though with them not all being functions within FG it isn't too different than having the paper book and working around it.
If you want everything there and readily accessible as I do, it's worth it just for the tables and items alone (Oh god so many tables, so good)

JohnD
February 19th, 2016, 03:44
The DMG is pretty useful - I like saving time. That said, I am disappointed that they haven't included more of the optional rules, as spite referenced above. Also, they did not include the two extra races in drag/drop format, which I thought they should.

damned
February 19th, 2016, 05:57
Hi JohnD I believe that over time some of the optional rules will be implemented.
I would imagine that the extra races might even be an oversight... Id send a query direct just in case this thread gets missed.

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2016, 08:59
The DMG is pretty useful - I like saving time. That said, I am disappointed that they haven't included more of the optional rules, as spite referenced above. Also, they did not include the two extra races in drag/drop format, which I thought they should.

The two additional races are included in the DMG in drag/drop format.