PDA

View Full Version : Mac troubles

JoshuaBrennan42
February 16th, 2016, 03:36
I downloaded Steam i have a production Key in my email but overtime i try to add it on steam it says the PK is invalid?! is anyone else having or had this issue if so how do i fix it?

Trenloe
February 16th, 2016, 05:32
Initially use the key in the Fantasy Grounds settings window (once you launch FG press the "Settings" button on the main screen). Then run an update.

If the only key you have is a Fantasy Grounds key, then this can take a few weeks to be valid on Steam. They are only sent every month or so.

This doesn't stop you using FG at all, as Steam is just a front end that launches the main FG application - it's exactly the same whether you launch it directly or from Steam. Do a normal installation from Steam, launch Fantasy Grounds and on the settings window enter your license key and then do an update.

JoshuaBrennan42
February 16th, 2016, 14:22
I don't think i have seen The FG settings window. maybe i am not installing this whole thing correctly.

JoshuaBrennan42
February 16th, 2016, 14:25
I should clarify i order the game through the FG website.... then i downloaded steam because I'm an idiot.... can i get that returned or use a code to repurchase through steam?

Trenloe
February 16th, 2016, 14:41
I should clarify i order the game through the FG website.... then i downloaded steam because I'm an idiot.... can i get that returned or use a code to repurchase through steam?
Use your FG license key to activate on Steam. Info here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

JoshuaBrennan42
February 16th, 2016, 14:45
This is what i have been doing and it says the production key is invalid. I trype it in I copy and paste. i tried it without dashes... sorry. maybe i can redeem the payment and try and buy it through steam?

Trenloe
February 16th, 2016, 14:46
I don't think i have seen The FG settings window. maybe i am not installing this whole thing correctly.
The settings window looks like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Settings.jpg

JoshuaBrennan42
February 16th, 2016, 14:47
hmmm that doesn't look familiar either. ill look for it.

Trenloe
February 16th, 2016, 14:51
This is what i have been doing and it says the production key is invalid. I trype it in I copy and paste. i tried it without dashes... sorry. maybe i can redeem the payment and try and buy it through steam?
I mentioned this above: "If the only key you have is a Fantasy Grounds key, then this can take a few weeks to be valid on Steam. They are only sent every month or so."

You don't need to activate on Steam to use FG. Install FG from the Steam demo, run FG and put your license key in the FG settings window and run an update. This is needed whether you have activated on Steam or not, Steam is just a front end wrapper to the same Fantasy Grounds application.

And - do not buy DLC on Steam if you're going to use on a MAC. Steam DLC (beyond the base Fantasy Grounds application) is for Windows only. Buy any DLC through the FG website store.

JoshuaBrennan42
February 16th, 2016, 14:54
ok thank you so much! i will do that!

JoshuaBrennan42
February 18th, 2016, 00:50
Neither the Mac Demo or the production key are working through steam or the FG website..... should i get a refund from the site and purchase the game via steam?

Griogre
February 18th, 2016, 00:54
You might want to e-mail [email protected] if you have not already and explain your troubles and see what they suggest.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2016, 02:00
Neither the Mac Demo or the production key are working through steam or the FG website..... should i get a refund from the site and purchase the game via steam?
Have you installed the FG demo from Steam?

As mentioned above, your FG key will not register with Steam for a few weeks. But you don't need to do this. Install the demo from Steam first. If you've done that then it's a simple steps to put your licence in the software. Have you got the demo running on your Mac? If not, what issues are you having?

damned
February 18th, 2016, 04:02
There is a glitch affecting some Steam installs also - https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/458606877319181567/
Keys were also sent to Steam on the 14th of this month I think.