PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to create shops where items aren't visible until marked as visible?

WishX
February 15th, 2016, 20:20
Is there a way to create shops where items aren't visible to PCs until marked as visible?

For example, I'd like to make a bunch of items and have them ready, but don't want PCs to be able to click "Items" and see what I've already added to that module. I'd like to be able to make them visible once they are asked about or an NPC brings them out from a back room or whatever. Is there a way to accomplish this or is there maybe a mod that does this?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2016, 21:11
I'm not terribly sure what you mean. PC's don't see anything in Items unless you have already shared them with the PCs. In other words don't share the mod with the items in it with your PCs and they won't see them. This is the default setting, so if the PCs are seeing your items you must have shared the mod with them.

You probably also should check out dulux-oz's extensions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension) if you are interested in shopping :)

WishX
February 15th, 2016, 23:43
If I add new custom items to the Items window in a module my PCs have been playing for several sessions, they won't see the items I create between sessions until I drag them to their Party Sheet Inventory? I thought one of my players had clicked on Items in their client and saw a bunch of items I created once simply because they were in there. Am I mistaken?

Moon Wizard
February 16th, 2016, 00:47
They won't be shown in the Items window unless the module is specifically allowed in the Module Activation window, or the item record has been shared (via drop on chat window, or right click menu).

So,
1. Make sure your adventure modules and item modules (i.e. DMG) are not set to Allow in the Module Activation window.
2. If an item in the Campaign Items list is shared, there will be a circled P or circled S next to the record in the campaign items list.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
February 16th, 2016, 02:23
As Zac said, my Locations Extension handles shops and other locations of all types, including the GM being able to make individual Items in a shop's inventory visible to the players or not.

Cheers