PDA

View Full Version : Persona the Table Top

RageArmor
February 15th, 2016, 00:21
I just had an amazing thought. Turn the Persona games (specifically 3 and onward) Into a D&D style table top game.

of-course using a home brew story line, revolving around choices and social linking.

Character classes
I Magician
II Priestess
III Empress
IV Emperor
V Hierophant
VI Lovers
VII Chariot
VIII Justice
IX Hermit
X Fortune
XI Strength
XII Hangedman
XIII Death
XIV Temperance
XV Devil
XVI Tower
XVII Star
XVIII Moon
XIX Sun
XX Judgement
XXI Wild Card (only one per-group. Wild Card is the acting leader of said group)

Within those Arcana Classes they each get 1 persona that will eventually evolve if the gm deems that the character has developed enough for the evolution to take place. With the exception of the Wild Card. The Personas anyone but the wild card chooses levels up with their character, and gain abilities as they do so. The Wild Card gets the ability to hold more than one persona but will only what Persona they have currently equipped with some special exceptions such as a persona having the growth ability.

When creating a Character, you have everyone roll a let's say 1d100 to decide what their starting persona is. The Wild Card character rolling 1d100 in the Fool Arcana list.

It would take alot of effort to set something like this up, but i think it would be totally worth it. Especially after the ground work as been finished.

Idea Update:
Possibly for my first Persona Campaign, it would be based in America, partly because knowing American culture is my greenhouse, but also because so far there hasn't been a Persona game taking place in America.

gaara6666
February 15th, 2016, 20:16
Hell to the yes. you could actually do this BTW with the existing pathfinder d20 system. Make everyone play a "summoner" and basically create their eidolons for them. It for the most part is already there and set up. You would just need to remove the summoner spell list or alter it depending on the class they are playing and boom done

RageArmor
February 15th, 2016, 20:21
Hell to the yes. you could actually do this BTW with the existing pathfinder d20 system. Make everyone play a "summoner" and basically create their eidolons for them. It for the most part is already there and set up. You would just need to remove the summoner spell list or alter it depending on the class they are playing and boom done

Good to know, less work for me when i eventually upgrade to the full version of FG. Of-course i would also ahve to some up with a completely new story (which shouldn't be to hard) reason for the shadows/demons, Might even bring back good ol nyarlathotep and philemon.

gaara6666
February 16th, 2016, 01:12
Well I like the series. Go forth and make your game yours my friend

RageArmor
February 16th, 2016, 01:18
Well I like the series. Go forth and make your game yours my friend

well it will take quite some time, after all as you should well know. Those games are absolutely huge with their content. Hell for me, my quickest just playing through it run of Persona 4 is 100 hours.

Nylanfs
February 16th, 2016, 02:05
You might want to take a look at Eclipse Phase for concepts

RageArmor
February 16th, 2016, 02:17
You might want to take a look at Eclipse Phase for concepts

To be specific i am drawing from all personas including persona 1 and 2 where the moon is actively changing. just mostly based on 3 and onwards for storyline purposes.