PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate license as gift?

acvtre
February 14th, 2016, 12:27
Hi everybody, I'm new to fantasy grounds and I've got a couple of questions about a gift that I wanna do, because I wanna be 110% sure.

First of all, a question about the ultimate license. There's written that the GM can host as many free players as he/she wants and this means that he can invite people who don't have bought the game, right? If so, then how can the other players see all the game features, screens and so on?

Second question, I'd like to buy the license as a gift and not buy a gift card that than the person can spend on the store website, is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Mask_of_winter
February 14th, 2016, 12:34
An Ultimate license holder can host free clients. Players still need to install the client, they just leave the spot where you enter a license key blank.
You can gift a game to someone else through steam. FG is on Steam.

acvtre
February 14th, 2016, 14:31
An Ultimate license holder can host free clients. Players still need to install the client, they just leave the spot where you enter a license key blank.
You can gift a game to someone else through steam. FG is on Steam.

Ok, so the other players can actually play with the GM for free.
I've already seen that the game is on steam, and that is fine, but you cannot get an ultimate license, only the original game plus the ultimate upgrade, which is more expensive than the ultimate license alone.

So it seems like that if I want to buy the license on this website and give it as gift I should buy it for me and then give the license key or buy a "gift certificate", is it right?

kylania
February 14th, 2016, 14:49
Gift certificate. If you buy it here it'll be linked to your account here. You can't just share the key. Also remember the DM will need the DLC you intend to use on their account as well. Unlike physical books you can't let your friends use those either.

acvtre
February 14th, 2016, 14:58
Gift certificate. If you buy it here it'll be linked to your account here. You can't just share the key. Also remember the DM will need the DLC you intend to use on their account as well. Unlike physical books you can't let your friends use those either.
Ok, so I'll buy a gift certificate and in this way my friend can buy his own ultimate license here and the other players just need to download the client.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a DM? What do you mean with the last phrase?

Mask_of_winter
February 14th, 2016, 15:56
Ok, so I'll buy a gift certificate and in this way my friend can buy his own ultimate license here and the other players just need to download the client.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a DM? What do you mean with the last phrase?
DM = Dungeon Master, another name for Game Master.