PDA

View Full Version : Installation error for V.3.1.6.

Cruxis
February 14th, 2016, 05:22
Currently have an installation error when installing V 3.1.6. I've attempted to remedy by clearing the modules folder under <User>/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds II/modules folder and also blanket wiping the software and attempting to reinstall. Unfortunately FGII doesn't seem to enter in the registry in Windows 10 so there isn't any uninstall associated with the software. Software is installed on a standalone drive in a Program Files (x86) folder.

See attached screenshot. It appears one of the xml files is not correctly unpacking.

Stats:

Upgrade Version: V 3.1.5 to 3.1.6.
Currently License: Full monthly
Installation Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II

Trenloe
February 14th, 2016, 06:49
Delete any content.dat or content.dat.tmp from <User>/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds II and try updating again.

damned
February 14th, 2016, 08:12
Did you have a previously working 3.1.5 install?

corwynn
February 14th, 2016, 17:31
I have the same error. Deleting the two files has thus far not worked. (I'm getting a very large number of timeout errors as well.)

I can confirm that my 3.1.5 install was working. The way I knew 3.1.6 existed was I had a player logging in and the server was giving a version mismatch.

(EDIT: In my case I rebooted my router and modem and have been able to update and launch my server again.)

TMO
February 15th, 2016, 05:37
I am not trying to hijack this thread, but my issue is similar enough that I thought it would be best to add my problem to this thread.

I have FG installed on two machines, a primary and a backup. I only run FG on one of those machines at any time. I have an ultimate license. When I switch between the machines all I do is copy the Data folder from one to the other and then launch FG.

My backup copy of FG properly identified that an update was available and it was able to go from 3.1.5 to 3.1.6.

My primary copy of FG won't signal that there is an update. When I try to manually update FG it goes through the motions but does not show any indications that it is running at 3.1.6. In fact, when my players connect, the chat window displays a message that the client is on 3.1.6 but the server is on 3.1.5.

FG has never had a problem with updates before. Any ideas or tips on how to resolve this? I'm wondering if my Data folder, which was copied from my backup server to my primary server after updating FG to 3.1.6, now has a file that is fooling my primary server into thinking that it does not need to be updated.

damned
February 15th, 2016, 06:01
make sure in Settings that you are on Live for both computers.

dulux-oz
February 15th, 2016, 06:08
I'm wondering if my Data folder, which was copied from my backup server to my primary server after updating FG to 3.1.6, now has a file that is fooling my primary server into thinking that it does not need to be updated.

Yeap, that's pretty much what I recon it is. What I'd do is delete the Data folder from the Primary completely (you have it on the Secondary, so you should be OK). Then run the Update on the Primary to bring things up to date - you should then be able to recopy the Data folder from the Secondary to the Primary and get everything synched again (at least, that's pretty much what I do)

Cheers

TMO
February 15th, 2016, 06:40
damned - Thanks for the input. However, this was already the setting on both machines.

dulux-oz - Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I followed your suggestion and this seemed to resolve the problem. While FG did not prompt me to update (like it normally does), I was able to get it to download the update after clicking the button.