PDA

View Full Version : (5e) Dice tower

Vishera
February 13th, 2016, 23:02
I saw in the update it allows you to move the dice tower, but I can't seem to figure out how to move it as only the players can see it. Plus, my players said mine looks pretty messed up (see screenshot)13025

In my graphics_frames.xml the entry for dice tower is:

<framedef name="dicetower_normal">
<bitmap>graphics/sidebar/dicetower_normal.png</bitmap>
<middle>0,0,90,90</middle>
</framedef>
<framedef name="dicetower_drop">
<bitmap>graphics/sidebar/dicetower_drop.png</bitmap>
<middle>0,0,90,90</middle>
</framedef>

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2016, 23:51
You have to right click on the dice tower to unlock the desktop panel that holds the dice tower in order to move it.

Regards,
JPG

Vishera
February 13th, 2016, 23:54
You have to right click on the dice tower to unlock the desktop panel that holds the dice tower in order to move it.

Regards,
JPG

That works for moving it, but what about the "mapping" of it? Check the image for reference to what I am talking about. Instead of 1 tower, its 1 whole tower, and 3 partial towers. I think it has something to do with the <middle>0,0,90,90</middle> bit, correct?

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2016, 23:56
For the other item, it looks like the dice tower frame graphic is being overwritten by your code, but is not defined as you expect.

Frame graphics are defined using a 9-slice graphics model where defined corners are drawn, and the edges and center are tiled using the information in the frame definition.

In this case, it appears that your graphic is smaller than the dice tower panel defined in the ruleset, so the 90x90 middle section you defined is being tiled to fill the space.

Regards,
JPG

Vishera
February 13th, 2016, 23:59
ah okay, sort of like using an image smaller than your desktop and you have it set to "tiled", it repeats the image. so basically resize my dice tower image (which is currently 100x90) to 90x90 and it should work correctly, or change the code to 0,0,100,100

thanks!

Vishera
February 14th, 2016, 00:12
I resized the images to 90x90 and it still had the same effect

Trenloe
February 14th, 2016, 07:06
Do a search in your ruleset for where these framedef's are being used. e.g. look for <frame name="dicetower_normal" /> which will be in a <windowclass> - more than likely a <genericcontrol> within that windowclass that has a size defined using <bounds>. If the size of the genericcontrol is bigger than the 90x90 size of the graphic you're using then it will be tiled - which looks like what you have in the screenshot.

This is what Moon Wizard was referring to when he said "it appears that your graphic is smaller than the dice tower panel defined in the ruleset".