PDA

View Full Version : Moving All Dice

spite
February 13th, 2016, 20:21
Is there a way to move all the dice neatly and tidyly somewhere else on the screen?
I prefer my chatbox and dice on the rigth hand side of the screen, but have to move the dice one by one, redropping constantly to get them to be not-overlapping and it's always a bit of a pain in the backside.
Is there a way to move them that I am not figuring out?
If not, can there be?

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2016, 20:28
There's no way that I'm aware of to move multiple dice such as you desire. I suggest that you make a suggestion over here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

Trenloe
February 13th, 2016, 20:32
Or write an extension to change the starting positions in CoreRPG gamelements.xml

spite
February 14th, 2016, 00:31
Or write an extension to change the starting positions in CoreRPG gamelements.xml

Sadly this is the only option it seems. Wish I knew where to start for that.

damned
February 14th, 2016, 11:29
As per Trenloes fine advice here is a sample extension for you.
Its called Move Dice and it will place them bottom right instead of bottom left.
Play around with it and put them where you want them.

spite
February 15th, 2016, 20:33
Thank you damned!

Zwikkel
April 15th, 2021, 20:26
I tried a bit with this extension.
As far as I can see it changes the position of the dice for all players.
Is it possible to have a unique die position setup for each player?

LordEntrails
April 15th, 2021, 22:44
I tried a bit with this extension.
As far as I can see it changes the position of the dice for all players.
Is it possible to have a unique die position setup for each player?
Yes, but not with an extension. Each player will have to move their dice on their own, which is rough, and then right click Set Position (or similar command). Though I admit I'm not sure this is available in FGU. It's an FGC command and I believe during FGU Beta was not available. Not sure it has become available in FGU.

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2021, 23:13
Move dice isn’t available in Unity.

Zwikkel
April 16th, 2021, 12:03
Yes sorry. I did not make clear that I was asking for FGU.
I also already read that the command inside the client is not available anymore.
However setting the dice in an extension's 'gameelements.xml' does work. Though it does so only by setting another dice position for all users (GM and players) alike.

I was wondering now whether it is possible to set the position value of the die "object" via a LUA command? That would possibly allow adding a /-action to set different values for each player.
Another idea I was thinking about is if it might be possible to fetch the die position value in the gameelements.xml from another file where each user can store their own die positions.
Do you think this might be possible?

I have knowledge about programming but I am just starting on FGU extensions. So I do not yet have a good overview of the whole structure of FGU.

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2021, 16:24
No, there is no current way to move the dice in FGU other than through the XML definition in rulesets or extensions.

Regards,
JPG

mghauber
June 11th, 2021, 17:35
As per Trenloes fine advice here is a sample extension for you.
Its called Move Dice and it will place them bottom right instead of bottom left.
Play around with it and put them where you want them.
Attached Files Attached Files
File Type: ext MoveDice.ext (3.8 KB, 598 views)

Regarding the above. Our group uses a projector for face to face games and with the new developments to FGU, I would like to try it out soon. Is there a way to hide the dice? It is small and nit-picky, but if there is an extension out there, I would like to try it. We do pen and paper with real dice, so for the face to face games, not having them would not hinder the game.

Thanks for the help!

Zacchaeus
June 11th, 2021, 17:40
I am not aware of one. The dice are more complex in Unity and I believe there was an extension which allowed them to be removed in Classic. But so far nothing for Unity as yet.

Trenloe
June 11th, 2021, 18:39
Try this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31221-Removing-Dice-from-the-Table-Top

Seems to work OK - but leaves a d10. You can edit the gamelements.xml file within the extension to remove that too.

mghauber
June 11th, 2021, 19:18
Try this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31221-Removing-Dice-from-the-Table-Top

Seems to work OK - but leaves a d10. You can edit the gamelements.xml file within the extension to remove that too.

Awesome. Thanks Trenloe. I'll give it a shot and report back how it went.

mghauber
June 11th, 2021, 20:00
Downloaded Fudly's Remove_All_Dice extension from the above referenced post, loaded it up and PRESTO! No more dice! Thanks Fudly for the extension and Trenloe for the point in the right direction.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, these forums are composed of folks with above average smarticles! (My smarticle count is regrettably lacking! hahaha)

Thanks again fellas!

mghauber
June 11th, 2021, 20:04
...and for clarification, I was running Savage Worlds in Test mode to try out the lighting additions there with the extension. In case anyone is wondering if it works...it does.