PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Monkn
February 13th, 2016, 07:18
So I am trying to re-learn the 3.5/pathfinder rule set

There are few questions I have.

1. In the rulesets in FG it tells that Concentration is a class skill but I do not see the skill listed on the character sheet.
2. If I remember things the right way, I can have a max in ranks for skills as I have levels.

If anyone can help with these I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Callum
February 13th, 2016, 09:28
You've hit upon two things that are different in the 3.5 rules and the Pathfinder rules, which may well be the cause of your confusion.

1. In 3.5, Concentration is a skill, and should appear on the character sheet. In Pathfinder, it was removed from the skills and won't appear.

2. In Pathfinder, you are correct. In 3.5, your maximum skill rank is your level + 3.

RustyAngel
February 13th, 2016, 17:09
1. Concentration in Pathfinder is depending on the class you are using. Wizards use int, Clerics use wis for their spells and thus use those stats for concentration as well. When you create a new spell book in the actions tab in FG you'll see two entries CL (Caster level) and a CC button with a dice next do it. The dice is what you click for a concentration check, stats and other modifiers are entered in the spellbook panel under where you see CR and CC (if you don't see them press the magnifying glass to expand the tab).

2. You are correct. Your max ranks in a skill are equal to your level, however if a skill is a class skill you will get a +3 bonus on it. To select the skill as a class skill in FG click the second circle in from the left (In the column with the bell/weight icon thing).

pirateorion
February 14th, 2016, 01:53
Not wanting to add another thread, thought I'd throw my questions in this one too;

1. Looked through videos/guides, but cannot find how to add allies to CT. I'm used to Savage Worlds where you can assign allies for players to control and am hoping the same function exists for 3.5e since we've got a Druid in the group and the GM having to play the summoned creatures and familiars is very time consuming. Is there an allies function and how do I use it? Is there a guide I've skipped that goes over it?

Edit: I did find the forum thread about dragging from NPC to CT, then to PC for interaction which does work, but the window closes for the PC when the GM closes it and the sheet is not unlockable for the PC to edit or populate to CT. I guess my follow-up question is, is there a better method or a community extension?

damned
February 14th, 2016, 11:02
two suggestions - instead of closing the NPC after dragging - right click on the NPC and minimise.
or create the npc as a pc and let the character select both.

Trenloe
February 14th, 2016, 15:48
Double-click on the NPC token on the map to re-open the shared NPC sheet. You can't edit, but for summoned creatures there's very little editing the player should do. If you have a permanent familiar you want to edit, create it as a PC and control it as a second character.

pirateorion
February 14th, 2016, 18:16
Thanks for the advise Damned and Tenloe, I had completely spaced minimizing windows which will help a lot with desktop management and I did not know the PC could open from the token. I'd hoped there was an easy editing method since there are a lot of summonable allies to chose from and with Augment Summoning each would have to have it's attribute modified. Maybe an effect/modification could be made to handle that? I've built quite a few for Cover and Illumination in Savage Worlds, I'll experiment with it today.

Trenloe
February 14th, 2016, 19:15
I'd recommend starting with Blackfoot's excellent modules here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules&p=120187&viewfull=1#post120187

Then add any changes from these with effects.

Blackfoot
February 14th, 2016, 23:19
Thanks for the advise Damned and Tenloe, I had completely spaced minimizing windows which will help a lot with desktop management and I did not know the PC could open from the token. I'd hoped there was an easy editing method since there are a lot of summonable allies to chose from and with Augment Summoning each would have to have it's attribute modified. Maybe an effect/modification could be made to handle that? I've built quite a few for Cover and Illumination in Savage Worlds, I'll experiment with it today.
In the PF/3.5 ruleset there's no real reason to minimize or share the NPCs when the PC has control of them. As Trenloe says... all they have to do is click any friendly NPC token to view and operate it. Simply add the NPC to the tracker, add it to the map where the PC directs it's spell, and away you go. For Augmented Summons the only trick is tweaking the HP and occasionally the attack rolls if the critter uses Finesse. When my players summon stuff I simply pull the critter out of the Summonables module, drop it into the tracker, tweak in whatever effects are appropriate... they usually have an ( Augmented Summons; STR:4;CON:4 ) Effect that they drop on the critter with a timer for when the spell ends... or something like that.. but you don't need to worry about lots of minimized critters on your desktop.. simply add them and make them friendly... it only closes the window for the PC if you share it and then close it.. and even then they can still reopen it by double clicking the token.