PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.1.6

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2016, 23:08
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.6 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

Here's a list of what is included:

...Lots of minor features, bug fixes and data patches...

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Cheers,
JPG

jamessmckay
February 13th, 2016, 03:26
Magic weapons are still broken. For example take a werewolf and try to apply damage with a magic weapon

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2016, 03:38
It will only add the magic damage type to the magic weapon entry, if the magic weapon was added since the v3.1.6 update. It does not update existing campaign data, since the magic property was not included in the DMG data until this update.

To update existing weapons entries, just append ",magic" to the damage detail of the weapon entry on the PC Actions tab.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2016, 11:53
Magic weapons are still broken. For example take a werewolf and try to apply damage with a magic weapon

It's not the magic weapons that are broken in this case but rather the monster's resistances aren't being set up properly in the Combat Tracker. It should read IMMUNE: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !silver, !magic

I can't honestly remember if it used to properly create the correct effect. I notice that others, such as the Helmed Horror aren't adding in the !magic bit too.

Hector Trelane
February 13th, 2016, 12:53
Thanks for the update Moon Wizard. Different question: is there a wiki instruction set someone can link to here that explains "dragged strings"?

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2016, 13:03
Thanks for the update Moon Wizard. Different question: is there a wiki instruction set someone can link to here that explains "dragged strings"?

Type something into chat but before you press return click and hold on the text and drag it to somewhere. This is a dragged string.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2016, 17:28
Just posted some quick hot fix items that were identified since last night; also included in the patch notes now.

[CoreRPG+] Table text values are now draggable.
[CoreRPG+] Modifier stack not accepting specific roll types (attack, damage, etc.). Fixed.
[5E] Party sheet ability order different than PC sheet. Fixed.
[5E] The NPC damage immunity parsing was only identifying "nonmagical weapons", not "nonmagical attacks". Fixed.

JPG

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2016, 17:31
Well done M W. That was quick :)

Vishera
February 13th, 2016, 22:41
Just posted some quick hot fix items that were identified since last night; also included in the patch notes now.

[5E] Party sheet ability order different than PC sheet. Fixed.

JPG
YES! Glad to know you guys saw my annoyance post! Thanks for the fix!

Trenloe
February 15th, 2016, 18:56
With this release there has been a change in how the auto calculation of which dice to use within a table if there are unnumbered rows.

Take the following example. A table with 8 rows, 1-8 rolls a d8 (correctly):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/CoreRPG/Table%20Die%20Issue%20%231.jpg

However, if I remove the 8 die roll number allocated for row 8 (#1 in the screenshot), the die changes to d8-1(#2):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/CoreRPG/Table%20Die%20Issue%20%232.jpg

I'm assuming this is because FG sees the "eight" row as being 0 rather than blank and so calculates a range of 0-7 which is 1d8-1.

In previous versions, any blank rows wouldn't have been included in the die roll auto calculation.

So, with this new calculation there are two issues:

It is not possible to remove a row temporarily from the table - the row would have to be deleted completely.
It completely breaks the Basic Cards Extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions which relies on removing rows (cards) temporarily from the table (card deck) by setting the number range to 0.

Is this change to the way the auto die roll is calculated absolutely necessary (i.e. it's been implemented to cover other functionality) or could it be put back the way it was, please? Or, is there a way this could be worked around somehow?

Markjan
February 15th, 2016, 20:14
Hello there !
I've noticed this entry on the patchnotes:
"[PFRPG/3.5E] Added critical modifier tag to damage (DMG) effects."
Could you please detail how it works ? Thanks :)

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2016, 21:06
Hello there !
I've noticed this entry on the patchnotes:
"[PFRPG/3.5E] Added critical modifier tag to damage (DMG) effects."
Could you please detail how it works ? Thanks :)

You would create an effect such as DMG: 1d6, critical. This would do an extra 1d6 damage to the target only when a critical is scored.

Blackfoot
February 15th, 2016, 21:36
You would create an effect such as DMG: 1d6, critical. This would do an extra 1d6 damage to the target only when a critical is scored.I believe the effect is actually DMG: 1d6 critical .. I think the comma would mess you up there.

Trenloe: is it possible to save off all the info in the row to somewhere else in the table and then delete... basically create some sort of hidden storage location for used rows.. this might be actually better looking in the long run and would handle the new functionality.

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2016, 21:54
I believe the effect is actually DMG: 1d6 critical .. I think the comma would mess you up there.

Nope, it works just fine with or without the comma. I agree, however, that it is superfluous.

demonsbane
February 24th, 2016, 16:08
With this new release, I'm experiencing laggy, stuttering 3d dice animations (just like it can be seen in this small video (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12554407/FantasyGrounds%202016-02-24.mp4)).

It could be worse, yeah, but definitely the usual quickness & smoothness isn't there anymore.

This happens to me every time I launch the FG app, even with fresh startup of Windows 10 and without having around other GUI elements, like library windows, tokens and such.

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2016, 16:48
The only changes in v3.1.6 in the dice system were to increase the maximum dice from 30 to 60, which wouldn't affect the rolls less than 30 dice.

In the past, most reports of laggy dice were traced to laptop/integrated graphics cards, multiple monitors (esp FG split across monitors), or graphics driver updates.

If you are seeing this issue with FG on your only monitor without resizing from initial size, you can try different driver versions, or adjusting graphics settings for FG using your graphics driver's application profiles.

Regards,
JPG

demonsbane
February 24th, 2016, 19:35
The only changes in v3.1.6 in the dice system were to increase the maximum dice from 30 to 60, which wouldn't affect the rolls less than 30 dice.

Yes, I'm aware that there wasn't any willing alteration of the 3d dice performance.

In the past, most reports of laggy dice were traced to laptop/integrated graphics cards, multiple monitors (esp FG split across monitors), or graphics driver updates.

I've seen some of them and its solutions.

Running FG with the latest drivers here, dedicated GPU and in a single monitor.

As it can be seen in the video, right now after updating to 3.1.6 the 3d dice animation is near to how it performs in old netbooks.

If you are seeing this issue with FG on your only monitor without resizing from initial size, you can try different driver versions, or adjusting graphics settings for FG using your graphics driver's application profiles.

The stuttering also happens without changing the initial size nor scaling the UI (I never noticed performance changes with that). Also I never use app profiles for running Fantasy Grounds, so graphic performance isn't filtered by any other app.

After doing more tests I get the same results, and I'm unable to regain the normal original performance prior to the 3.1.6 update.

But I'll update my report after seeing what happens after updating FG in a PC with similar specs. Edit: Done. The stuttering is not happening there, with Windows 7 and a different nvidia card with older drivers.

Regards

Patou
February 25th, 2016, 14:08
Hi Doug,

Checked out your video yesterday on NPC's and Spellcasting in accordance to the new update. I wanted to know if the NPC's in The Hoard of the Dragon Queen were already all set up in this manner? My players are in Castle Naerytar and just faced off against the red wizard. If I understand correctly the schematic only handles the attack bonus correct? It makes no adjustment to damage according to spell level?

Patou
February 25th, 2016, 14:17

Regards,
JPG

Hi Moon,

I'm using a Acer Aspire Laptop hooked up VGA to a second monitor with 4G Ram. So far everything is working great and I even use Tabletop Audio so I have Chrome running as well. The only thing I have been recently noticing is from time to time as I move my mouse across the screen my tokens will disappear to the point were i can't even click on them. I have to move the actual window around in order to prey that the tokens don't disappear again. So far I haven't had to reboot or had FG crash in mid game (knock on wood). My FG is stretched across the two (laptop & monitor) since the screen sizes are different. Could this be the problem?

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2016, 15:58
Hi Doug,

Checked out your video yesterday on NPC's and Spellcasting in accordance to the new update. I wanted to know if the NPC's in The Hoard of the Dragon Queen were already all set up in this manner? My players are in Castle Naerytar and just faced off against the red wizard. If I understand correctly the schematic only handles the attack bonus correct? It makes no adjustment to damage according to spell level?

The spellcasters in the modules (and the MM) have been set up 'ready to go' for some time. What came in, in 3.1.6 was a method of doing the same thing for NPCs created by the user which you couldn't do before.

And you are correct FG won't automatically do the correct damage if a spell is cast at a higher level. You can do this easily enough however by grabbing the damage (left click and hold) and then right clicking to add additional dice before dropping it on the target (or in chat).

Patou
February 25th, 2016, 17:00
The spellcasters in the modules (and the MM) have been set up 'ready to go' for some time. What came in, in 3.1.6 was a method of doing the same thing for NPCs created by the user which you couldn't do before.

And you are correct FG won't automatically do the correct damage if a spell is cast at a higher level. You can do this easily enough however by grabbing the damage (left click and hold) and then right clicking to add additional dice before dropping it on the target (or in chat).

Super ... thanks:)

Moon Wizard
February 25th, 2016, 19:36
Laptop graphics cards are generally weaker on the spectrum of video cards, so they don't handle running multiple screens very well, especially when trying to run 3D apps and even more so across 2 screens. I would try to limit your FG to a single screen on a laptop.

When I run on a laptop for trade shows, I run 2 instances of FG, but they are each on their own screen (i.e. one instance on laptop screen, and another instance on external monitor). Even then, it tends to run with a little lag on my laptop (which is about 18 months old, but it is an ultrabook model).

Regards,
JPG

demonsbane
March 2nd, 2016, 21:46
For what is worth, the problem I was having with FG's performance has disappeared this afternoon (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22954-Poor-performance&p=256963&viewfull=1#post256963), and seeing it to work ok in another machine, it didn't seem caused by the 3.1.6 update.

Warm regards

Trenloe
March 7th, 2016, 16:58
Have the release notes for 3.1.6 disappeared from the path notes page?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html