PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 5e] New(ish) player looking for good time! ;)

Torsryk
February 12th, 2016, 21:17
Hi,
As the title suggests, I'm a new(ish) player to D&D, although I have played, written and DM'd several games. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and I'm really looking forward to DMing on FG but I wanna get used to it first and would love to play in a group to see a master at work and learn. Most importantly though, I'm looking for a good story, good people and good fun! I live in the UK and I'm free for a weekly game in the evenings or possibly at the weekends. Thanks for reading and for (hopefully) giving me a chance to play in your game.
Torsryk

TMO
February 13th, 2016, 05:08
Hello Torsryk,

Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forum and community. I am sure I will not be the only one to greet you this way. The best recommendation I can offer is for you to keep watch over the the LFG forum for DMs who are looking for players. There is also the Game Calendar which can also be useful. Opportunities to jump into one shot, short term, and long term games occur daily. There are a number of people who are from the UK and your general timezone who are active. I also recommend monitoring the various 5E threads for questions that might interest you. I have personally found it to be a great way of learning more about FG as a tool and I have even learned a bit about 5E as well.

Torsryk
February 16th, 2016, 14:32
Hi TMO,
Thanks a lot for the kind welcome and insightful info. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled and jump into games where I can.
Thanks,
Torsryk.