PDA

View Full Version : Issue with a Full license owner joining my Ultimate license campaign...

fango
February 12th, 2016, 19:44
I have the ultimate license, and got my port forwarding mapped. Got a guy With the free/demo version to log in and make a character, etc. just fine.

Problem is my friend Bob has a full version and keeps getting an error about not being able to download the ruleset (base.xml) something-or-other. We've tried nuking his cache, defeating the mod and library files, doing a fantasy grounds update, and still get the same error. I tried also sending him the .pak and the .mod files for Wfrp but when he finally gets in, and looks at the modules, the Wfrp one has a little spider web symbol in the bottom left and the little book symbol is missing... When he opens the library, he gets nothing.

Help?

I should add, I'm using the WFRP 3rd ruleset by Neil Foster, I'm on a Mac, but don't think the computer or network connection on my end at least is an issue. Bob kept getting some strange permissions errors as well, lots of crashes. But he's got admin rights to his own computer, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Nylanfs
February 12th, 2016, 20:42
Make sure he has updated his copy of FG.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2016, 20:51
Even if the player has admin rights to the computer, they should try to run Fantasy Grounds as Administrator as Windows can still block access to files. Right-click on the launch icon and select "Run as Administrator" (it might be hidden in a "more" sub menu). Hopefully this will solve the access rights issue.

fango
February 12th, 2016, 20:51
Thanks, he did and update...same errors. One other thing is My game is run through Steam, so is Bob's. Greg (the guy who connected fine) downloaded his demo version direct from FG and did not run it through Steam...again, not sure if that would make a difference. We are going to try to have Bob uninstall everything, then download the demo version from FG and run it without Steam. This should rule out his computer, folder settings, or network connection being a problem...but still, he paid $40 for his license, so this shouldn't be happening if those last few issues aren't the problem.

Anyone else have any advice?

Trenloe
February 12th, 2016, 20:53
Anyone else have any advice?
In case you missed it, as our posts came at the same time, see post #3 above. Even if FG was installed through Steam you should be able to launch it directly outside of Steam (remember to "Run as Administrator" as a first step to resolving the issues).

fango
February 12th, 2016, 20:53
Even if the player has admin rights to the computer, they should try to run Fantasy Grounds as Administrator as Windows can still block access to files. Right-click on the launch icon and select "Run as Administrator" (it might be hidden in a "more" sub menu). Hopefully this will solve the access rights issue.

Thanks. We'll try that as well.