PDA

View Full Version : cant get a succsefull test on hosting

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 19:28
had my fg up and running last night and a player made a charicter for my campain that starts today. went to pull up fg today and now i can not get a successfull test, any ideas? i deleated fg and reinstaled and ran update even though it wasnt red.

please help

Zacchaeus
February 12th, 2016, 20:22
Have you tried all the obvious solutions - check your router has port 1802 open, that the router is routing incoming FG input to your computer if you are on a wireless connection and that your firewall is also allowing FG to communicate out and in?

Some more detail on what you have done, what your set up is etc would be useful if you can't get things going from the above.

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 20:49
i by passed my router before and it worked now im in the process of trying to get my ports to work. bypassed my router by hard wiring threw my cable box

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 21:10
used can you see me and checked my port 1802 and it cant find it what am i doing wrong

Trenloe
February 12th, 2016, 21:17
used can you see me and checked my port 1802
Did you have Fantasy Grounds running and hosting a campaign (waiting for players to connect) when you used canyouseeme? 1802 will only be used when FG is actively hosting a campaign.

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 21:26
no i had players playing and makeing characters last night when i was bypassing my router and today it dont work any more, have been trying set up the port but every thing we try failes

Zacchaeus
February 12th, 2016, 21:32
You haven't mentioned your AV. Have you made a rule there so that it will allow FG through? And do you also have any other firewalls up like Windows Defender?

Trenloe
February 12th, 2016, 21:34
no
I'm confused by your reply to my question. Does this mean you didn't have FG running when you tried canyouseeme? If this is the case, you'll always get a failure from canyouseeme on port 1802. You need FG running and hosting before you use canyouseeme to check if port 1802 is open.

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 21:45
ok ya that makes sence no didnt have it open

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 21:46
fg is up and running my campain and it still fails

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 21:48
have opened ports on my router 1802 but truthfully im terable with router protocals

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 21:54
dont have any firewalls up and running. dont know what you mean by av

Zacchaeus
February 12th, 2016, 22:13
AV = anti virus. Your AV software will almost certainly have a firewall built into it and you will need to set rules within it to allow FG to see through it. Alternatively if you don't have AV then it is most likely that Windows Defender will be operating and so you'll need to poke a hole in that.

In order for players to 'see' you you have to have anything and everything between you and your players open to receive and transmit data over port 1802. That's not just limited to your router.

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2016, 22:26
Hopefully, the AV is not an issue, since he was able to connect when outside the router.

Can you post a screenshot of the port forwarding screen on your router with the configuration for port 1802 to forward?

Also, please double-check that the port forwarding rule on your router points to the internal IP address shown on the launch screen when you start FG.

Regards,
JPG

rabbedrabit
February 12th, 2016, 22:37
AV = anti virus. Your AV software will almost certainly have a firewall built into it and you will need to set rules within it to allow FG to see through it. Alternatively if you don't have AV then it is most likely that Windows Defender will be operating and so you'll need to poke a hole in that.

In order for players to 'see' you you have to have anything and everything between you and your players open to receive and transmit data over port 1802. That's not just limited to your router.

ok have no av running and did find windows defender how do i config it