PDA

View Full Version : Managing campaigns in "Manage Characters"

ffujita
February 12th, 2016, 19:04
I've been playing AL Online for about half a year -- I have about two dozen "campaigns" in my Manage Characters menu. I wonder if (and how) I can delete those campaigns so that when I need to work on the character that I just finished with I can find it easily. In addition, it would help if when I joined a game it would tell me the name of the campaign, so that I have a clue as to where to go to get my character (with new goodies, xp, and gold).

Thanks!

Trenloe
February 12th, 2016, 19:38
I've been playing AL Online for about half a year -- I have about two dozen "campaigns" in my Manage Characters menu. I wonder if (and how) I can delete those campaigns so that when I need to work on the character that I just finished with I can find it easily.
On the main FG launch page press the folder button in the top right hand corner to take you to the FG App Data directory. Go into the "cache" directory and you will see a list of directories with the name of the campaigns you joined as a player. Delete the directories you no longer want to see in Manage Characters.

The date of the directory will give you an idea of when you last connected to that campaign.

ffujita
February 12th, 2016, 20:33
Thanks!

ffujita
April 3rd, 2016, 23:00
On the main FG launch page press the folder button in the top right hand corner to take you to the FG App Data directory. Go into the "cache" directory and you will see a list of directories with the name of the campaigns you joined as a player. Delete the directories you no longer want to see in Manage Characters.

The date of the directory will give you an idea of when you last connected to that campaign.

Hummm, I've now deleted many of the directories, but the campaigns still show in the Manage Characters screen. Help?

damned
April 3rd, 2016, 23:13
They *should* clear up....

ffujita
April 3rd, 2016, 23:20
They *should* clear up....

Note the scroll symbol indicating that I have over twice as many campaigns as I can see in the screenshot vs. my campaign directory.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2016, 23:46
Delete from the "cache" directory, not from "campaigns" which is for the campaigns you GM. "cache" is for campaigns you've played as a player and is what appears in manage characters.

ffujita
April 4th, 2016, 16:12
Thanks for the help with that (I cleared out the extra campaigns) -- but then, why did all those campaigns that I didn't GM show up in my campaign directory?

damned
April 4th, 2016, 20:40
Did you create test campaigns (I have many dozens in my campaign folder)?

ffujita
April 4th, 2016, 20:56
Well, I did -- if you look at the screenshot, Fujita Playground and Frank's Characters, Solo, Par5e First, and ALO CON are my campaigns (I created them) ... all the rest are campaigns that I played in, but was not the GM -- the most obvious one there is Watkin DDEX02-04 (cause I'm not Watkin, I'd never name my campaign that).

Griogre
April 4th, 2016, 23:34
That looks like an old D&D Expeditions module. Maybe you took a look at it in the past?

ffujita
April 6th, 2016, 01:15
It was an old Expeditions game, that I played as part of ALO. I certainly didn't create a campaign with that name.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2016, 04:14
It was an old Expeditions game, that I played as part of ALO. I certainly didn't create a campaign with that name.
Open up the directory, see what files are inside.

ffujita
April 11th, 2016, 14:48
By the time this had been posted, I'd deleted all of the directories for campaigns that aren't mine. But a new one popped up this weekend, and in it was a masked images folder, and in that was an image mask of one of the maps that we played on.

damned
April 11th, 2016, 14:56
By the time this had been posted, I'd deleted all of the directories for campaigns that aren't mine. But a new one popped up this weekend, and in it was a masked images folder, and in that was an image mask of one of the maps that we played on.

Ive just had a look thru mine and it appears image masks are being saved in this folder for some reason...