PDA

View Full Version : Modules and rulebooks not showing up for players

Tatertron
February 12th, 2016, 04:34
Just doing a first time test run with one player. Right off the bat we had issues. I'm sure they are all something I did wrong.

First off, I have added quite a few portraits, but he couldn't see any of the ones I put in. He could see the tokens I added just fine, but not the portraits.

Second, when do images show up for players? is their a way I can switch to player view? I had a map up that I was going to put his character on and he never saw it.

Third, I have the Ultimate License, Savage worlds rulebook and a couple of modules, so my player just downloaded the free version. I have opened up all my modules and none of the players guides have exes near them, so I believe that means my players should be able to see them. However, when he goes into Library nothing shows up. I even tried dragging an Edge from the core book onto his character sheet. It placed and if I hit the circle by it I could see the info. But when he hit the circle he got a message that said something like " cannot open unsupported data".

Thanks for helping a newbie. Love everything so far. Keep up the good work!

Trenloe
February 12th, 2016, 04:40
1) Players don't see your portraits, they see the portrait on their own computer. You can add a portrait for them from your own collection. The issue with this is that the players don't see your portraits to make a selection from.

2) Images show up when they are shared. To get a player's view start a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and "join game" with a server address of localhost - you'll find this invaluable in seeing what players see.

3) You need to give players access to the module - drag the green tick/check to the modules you want to allow access to. Players will also need to go to the library and the module activation screen and open the modules they want to see. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

Tatertron
February 12th, 2016, 06:01
Yep, There it is.

Thanks!