PDA

View Full Version : Help with an effect?

rob2e
February 12th, 2016, 01:14
Trying to see if there's a way to apply an effect to a PC so the next time they cast a spell their target has (DIS)ADVANTAGE on the DC spell save.

ThanX!

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2016, 03:41
I don't remember an effect like that being built yet. You can add DISSAV effect to targets first.

Regards,
JPG

rob2e
February 12th, 2016, 03:59
Ok. I was hoping there'd be a way to put it on a mob/PC in the CT so I could forget it. LAZY!

Zacchaeus
February 12th, 2016, 13:15
You would need effect targeting to achieve this and DISSAV isn't one of those which you can use in that way. As Moon Wizard says DISSAV will give the NPC disadvantage on saving throws (or a specific one if specified); but it would do so for any save not just one from that particular PC. This is one of these cases where perhaps a dummy effect could be placed as a reminder and then just press the DIS button when the NPC rolls the save. (You could also slap on a DISSAV, just before the roll is made, with an expiry of on next roll which will also work).

ffujita
February 13th, 2016, 19:46
Here's an unrelated request for help with an effect. I'm trying to cast the Giant Spider Poison effect (after a successful hit on the target with a bite that I've set up as a Weapon) on a PC character sheet. I've created the "cast" action, set the Saving Throw with "Half damage on Save" and a damage action with 2d8, Poison. If the target fails the saving throw, everything works well. But if the target succeeds on the saving throw, then it isn't flagging the target to get half of the incoming damage, instead it untargets the target -- and so zero damage gets applied. Is there a way to fix this? I'm hoping that I've just forgotten a simple toggle.13024

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2016, 20:37
Go into options and find the Target: remove on miss option and make sure it's set to Off (or maybe also multi). Anyway if it's on then what you describe will happen.

ffujita
February 13th, 2016, 22:46
Thank you very much for your quick and accurate assistance!