PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 5E] LFG - Eberron Campaign for beginners - AEST

Nulk
February 11th, 2016, 21:32
Hey all! I've no recent experience in either playing nor being a DM in but it's something I've been keen to get back to for a while. I'm seeking fellow newcomers who likewise want to jump in, learn and have fun on an epic scale. I'll stuff up, we'll stuff up, but lets have some fun doing so. The Term will be ongoing, the campaign will be set in the world of Eberron, (no experience of the realm is necessary), but a place I have been enamoured with for some time. We'll be using the D&D Starter Set with the Lost Mine of Phandelver, modified for the setting, and supplementing escapades with short adventures and other premade modules.

The starting date is a way off, this is to see if there is enough interest and to get as comfortable as possible with Fantasy Grounds and D&D mechanics. First session will be character generation, meet and greet, and perhaps an encounter or two to get some familiarity with the system and set the setting.

The details;

FG License: GM has Full so players will need a license.
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) or GMT+11 or Sydney time!
Day of week and time: Fridays starting at 8 pm (maybe Saturdays at 8pm depending on group availabilities etc), 4hour sessions.
If new game, planned start date: 26th February
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term, ongoing campaign

Text or Voice: Voice and Text
Voice software used: Teamspeak or

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70/30 Roleplay/Combat. This is subject to change. Some sections in the campaigns will be combat heavy, some will be dungeon crawls, some will be roleplay and investigation. One session could be entirely combat driven where another could be all roleplay. Be flexible and enjoy the ride, regardless of the vehicle.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 players needed – Newcomers preferred.
Character starting level & equipment: Starting at the beginning – Level 1’s
Character restrictions: Only Core classes initially, but am flexible in all things. Over time, as we grow as a group, and if it makes sense in the world, and your comfortable playing it – happy to give it a shot.

The Blurb;
A world forged by dragons and torn apart by war. A world of evil villains, brave heroes, and the people caught in between. A world of adventure — the world of Eberron. An uneasy peace lies over the land.
Intrigue, unrest, the schemes of dark powers, and open warfare interrupt this peace. Many groups struggle for power. Many of them plan and execute cunning plots out of the public eye. Even as the Church of the Silver Flame works to erase evil from Eberron, the Lords of Dust plot to wipe out civilization. Magic is infused into the land. Everyone sees the gifts of magic. Magical technology is everywhere: everburning streetlights, elemental airships, and the speeding lightning rail.
The lands of Eberron are diverse. The continent of Khorvaire has both refined cities and savage wilderness. On Xen'drik, the ruins of a very old civilization hold great treasure and many secrets. The dragons of Argonnessen study the skies and search for clues about a great Prophecy. Nightmare beings live in the minds of the rulers of Sarlona. The people of Eberron strive for one thing: to survive in an exciting and change-filled world.
DM Requirement - I am looking for players who are patient but attentive players, willing to learn and above all have fun. Player commitment to turn up on a weekly basis is a must, times and dates are flexible, and can change (we can sort that out on first session) as we all have lives / families and work commitments that must be managed, but I am looking for a regular gaming session.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Calendar entry here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1852

If there's any other questions, send me a PM and I'll give you my personal email or another way to contact me.

Edit: added the game calendar entry.

KainVorador
February 11th, 2016, 22:50
Eberron, eh? Heh, good luck, friend.

WhiteFox
February 11th, 2016, 23:01
I absolutely adore Eberron, but unfortunately the Australian time doesn't work for me (that start time would be 3 AM Thursday for me).

muckguppy
February 12th, 2016, 04:21
Howdy Nulk, I saw your post on my LFG thread and this looks great. Especially considering it's a good time for me here in Western Aus.
I have only just purchased FG on steam and am still learning the ropes. Other than that I'd be keen to sign up :)

Ps. I've got experience in every other DnD edition except 5e but I've done a bit of reading and it looks straightforward enough. Have played in the Eberron setting before, enjoyed it.

meverz
February 12th, 2016, 09:06
I am VERY interested in a game. Eberron is one of my favourite campaign settings to play in. I cannot believe I found a 5th edition Eberron game in an Australian Time zone. I had given up ever again getting the chance to play in Eberron, time to hit up the books again, and work out an Eberron character.

The only slight wrinkle, is that I am currently playing through Lost Mine of Phandelver, but playing through it again I would make sure to avoid metagaming. I have plenty of DnD experience (playing and DMing both 3.5 and 4th), but very little on Fantasy Grounds - about 6 sessions into my first campaign.

Let me know what you think, and I'll get started on a Character.

davh565
February 12th, 2016, 10:02
I'm definitely interested in an Eberron game. I've never played in one before, but I've really liked everything I've heard about the setting. I'm a newish player, have got about 2-3 months of 5e and FG experience under my belt at this stage.
Will we be able to use races from the Eberron Unearthed Arcana? (https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Eberron_v1.1.pdf)

Nulk
February 12th, 2016, 21:42
Excellent guys' welcome aboard! I'll get myself organised and PM you some details to get us started, 3's enough, but another player (or 2) wouldn't go amiss so well keep recruitment open in case anyone else wants to jump in.

Muckguppy, that didnt take you long to find a suitable game then did it :)
Mererz, no problem on the metagaming issue, and feel free to think about character creation. i intend session one to be all about rolling up the details of the characters etc, but if you would like to bring prebuilt info along, no problem.
Davh565, yes Eberron specific races are available for play if you feel comfortable with playing outside the standard characters in the PHB.

Nulk

Nulk
February 13th, 2016, 10:42
OK Guys, We have a party of 4. I will send out PMs with details etc tomorrow and additional details over the week.

Can't wait to get started!

Nulk

Nulk
February 16th, 2016, 05:05
Still have a spot available for any Australian's wanting to join.......will also consider taking a Kiwi or two..

damned
February 16th, 2016, 12:41
Still have a spot available for any Australian's wanting to join.......will also consider taking a Kiwi or two..

Never take more than one Kiwi at a time... you dont want them feeling too comfortable...

Rimne
February 16th, 2016, 12:42
Nvm

muckguppy
February 18th, 2016, 08:27
Just wondering for the folks in our oncoming game, any general class/race you'd like to be playing? I am happy playing anything but I've got a soft spot for barbarians and bards. Or both together!

davh565
February 18th, 2016, 09:37
I was hoping to play a Warforged. Was thinking about a barb myself, or otherwise fighter

muckguppy
February 21st, 2016, 09:45
yeah, I'd like to play a monk or bard then.

Anyone else? I was thinking a whatsapp group or some other avenue of communication wouldn't go astray for a bit of preplanning. Then again whatever works!

Fionn
February 22nd, 2016, 05:06
Not sure if you're still looking for a fifth player or not, but I'm very keen. Haven't played for many years so effectively a beginner. I'm also in the AEST timezone, and Friday nights work well. The only caveat is I can't promise an open ended commitment, but can should be good for several months. Understand completely if that doesn't work, but thought I'd register my interest anyway.

Nulk
February 22nd, 2016, 09:18
Fionn, just sent you a PM.

MurderByNumbers
February 22nd, 2016, 13:24
id be interested in playing as well, im -2hrs from you