PDA

View Full Version : Australian player looking for a group

muckguppy
February 11th, 2016, 12:47
Hello all

I've recently been looking at the options for playing PnP online and this seems as good as any other. I've got experience playing DnD 2nd edition through to 4th as a player and GM, and I've dabbled in a bunch of other rulesets over the years. I'm based in Western Australia so the timezone (GMT+8:00) is a little tricky but I'm flexible on weekends and fridays.

Either way, I'm keen to try out the FG software and the new 5E dnd ruleset (Or anything else for that matter, something new is fine by me).

Cheers!

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2016, 12:58
Hi muckgruppy, and Welcome! to the Community,

Stick with it and you'll pick up a game in no time - there's quite a few of us Ozzies around, so you'd be surprised about when you might be able to organise a game.

In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to check out the various Tutorial Videos available from the FG Wiki - damned's are good (another Ozzie) and so are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all of the RPGs we play with FG, and by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you need to know to play any RPG with FG.

Cheers

Ellspeth
February 11th, 2016, 13:03
Welcome muckguppy, we have a pretty large group from downunder on here, I am sure you will be meeting them. I am in the Eastern USA so your evenings are my mornings and vice versa. I play in a group with a GM in Tasmania that starts at 8pm my time but noon to I'm the following day, so be sure your time zone is set in your profile so when checking links to games it will give the times to you in your own zone. Also what days and times are you available to play, in your time zone? I only run occasional one shots I have one up for next Tuesday night my time 9:30 PM but that would be like 1:30 on Wednesday afternoon to you if I am correct, or thereabouts. Also if you see games posted (will have LFP before the name) contact the GM on the thread, by PM, and on the game calendar link, sometimes we miss things so best to cover all your bases. You have wandered into a friendly, supportive and very helpful community, good luck finding games.

muckguppy
February 11th, 2016, 13:35
Howdy Dulux, thanks for the links and tips! Good to find a fellow Australian community on here. I'll go familiarise myself on the wiki pronto.

Hello Ellspeth! Thanks for the friendly headsup, I should be available most evenings weekdays, and the weekends are pretty free. One shots sound great to get a feel for things. I'll have a look into the wiki and make sure I'm not completely at odds before jumping into any games.

Nulk
February 11th, 2016, 20:47
Hey muckguppy, i will be trying to start up a new ongoing dnd group soon, and will be posting the links sometime today.

keep your eyes peeled, see if it interests you.

Nulk

(edit: you have spurred me to action and i have posted a LFG thread above)