PDA

View Full Version : LFG - New, but open to pretty much anything.

Rhaco
February 11th, 2016, 08:47
Hi guys, I've been a gamer for years, but have never had a good opportunity to check out tabletop (with the exception of some card based games and some super casual stuff). I'm looking to learn, so I'm up for any group willing to deal with someone who is new to all this.

From what I've read, things like D&D5E or Pathfinder seem to fit my areas of interest, but I really am up for trying whatever. Things like Dresden or the 40k look great too.

As far as basic info goes ~

I've got the full license.
I'm Mountain Time, but my job grants me a lot of leeway, so I'm not going to balk at late/early start times, if we're both on more or less the same side of the globe.
I'm up for voice, video or text, but I'd love to use as many of the in game features as possible.
Assuming the group is cool, I've got no issues with a longer term campaign, though a short one or two meetup group sounds good too.

PM/Email me any time.

Let me know if I've missed anything, the truth is that I'm too new to know if I'm missing some important piece of info.

Ellspeth
February 11th, 2016, 10:29
Hi Rhaco, welcome to one of the friendliest communities on the internet. I don't run any games in the settings you mentioned, but I set up a one shot for next Tuesday evening for a Savage Worlds home brew game set in Britain at the early stages of the Roman conquest. I put it on the schedule to accommodate another new player in your time zone, it would 7:30 Tuesday evening to you. It is s single session, an opportunity to play with the FG features which are totally awesome, and meet a few others. If you would like to give it a try you can sign up by following this link.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1836 I am realatively new to RPG's and very new to running games though the version I ran of this during FG-Daze went really well.
If this doesn't work for you continue to keep an eye on the threads, respond to any games you see that might interest you but respond on the thread here as well, some GM's may miss you if you only signup on the calendar page. Whether you join this session or no, again welcome, and I wish you happy gaming.

Andraax
February 11th, 2016, 14:45
I'm looking for another player for my Tuesday evening game. It's 8-11pm US/Central, Castles and Crusades (similar to old school D&D). PM if you're interested.

Ellspeth
February 11th, 2016, 17:56
Rhaco Andraxx is an excellent GM, his Sunday night CnC was the first game I joined on FG well over a year ago now, and of the groups I started with his is the one still running all this time later and the players that were there when I started are ALL still there. If you can join his game take it, it is more than worth the time.