PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Tutorial.

Art Wendorf
March 15th, 2005, 19:53
Anyone feel like throwing up a quick tutorial on how to create your own character sheet in FG for those of us who are less than... er... capable of figuring it out on their own?

Anyone got a suggestion for a book I could get that would help me with figuring out XML so I can do that kind of stuff on FG for myself? Something that would be helpful to a true beginner?

Just want to incorporate some of my homerules (UA varients, the spellcasting system from Sovereign Stone, etc.) which aren't really that major (a couple of new entries on the character sheet) but I'm not sure where to start which makes it difficult to... well... start, if you know what I mean. :oops:

Yraen
April 15th, 2005, 12:21
I've been asked by my players to create a sheet for Warhammer FRP (2nd Edition) and I'm afraid XML looks like gibberish to me. Give me HTML any day. So, yeah, if someone could come up with some kind of "XML for Dummies who want to create character sheets for FG," it would be fan-tastic. :D

Thanx in advance

gurney9999
April 19th, 2005, 21:27
I haven't bought the app yet (I probably will) but my wife is an XML guru... I pray she will be helping me out with this :)

cogollo
April 22nd, 2005, 09:57
Well, if you know how HTML works, you don't need a book to quickly learn about XML. Any introduction tutorial in the web will do the trick.

Check, for example, this site: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp
Start with the link "Introduction to XML".

Now, learning how Fantasy Grounds interprets all the tags, that's the difficult part. I suppose the best thing to do is copy the d20 ruleset to an experimental ruleset and start changing things and see the results. And, of course, you can always ask the development team. Actually, it would be a good idea to have a "Ruleset Development Manual"...

This is my first guess. I bought FG yesterday and will give a look at the ruleset this weekend. I will post here my findings.