PDA

View Full Version : update fail on v3.1.3

DnDgamer5e
February 10th, 2016, 03:22
trying to reinstall FG on a pc but getting the following error on the update. Been like that for the last two weeks, any suggestions, running windows 10 x64

Trenloe
February 10th, 2016, 03:28
Do you have your licence key entered correctly in the Settings window? i.e. do you have a full or ultimate license and does the version number on the FG launch screen (top right) show v3.1.3 or v3.1.3 Ultimate (not v3.1.3 Free)?

If you have a valid licence that FG recognises, then there could be an issue with file access rights. Exit FG, and start FG as administrator - right-click on the FG startup icon and select "Run as administrator" (it might be in a "more" submenu). Then run the update.

Moon Wizard
February 10th, 2016, 03:32
This usually means that either the license key is not entered correctly in the FG Settings (license key should be copied and pasted into License Key field and Upgrade Key field should be blank). A valid license key is required for all 5E content.

Otherwise, the content.dat file may have become locked for some reason preventing updates. You can delete this file in the FG data folder, and rerun your update.

Regards,
JPG

DnDgamer5e
February 10th, 2016, 05:58
thanks guys, yeah worked after I removed my details from the fantasy store purchases. :)

Trenloe
February 10th, 2016, 06:04
thanks guys, yeah worked after I removed my details from the fantasy store purchases. :)
Hhhhm, OK - this might help you update the base FG install, but not if you have products you've purchased. This sounds like FG is running as a free licence? Is this correct or do you have a full/ultimate licence? What does it say in the top right of the first FG launch screen for the version number and type?