PDA

View Full Version : LFPlayers 5e custom content, newcomers welcome

davidnog
February 9th, 2016, 19:12
EDIT: SORRY, NOT TAKING ANY MORE REQUESTS
(I had an overwhelming number of people interested, thanks everyone!)

System: 5e
Campaign Setting: Meneg Tol (based on Forgotten Realms)
Adventure: Nameless Tear
Starting Level: 1
Party size: 5-6
Frequency: Weekly
Average session duration: 2-4 hours
Weekday/Time: Flexible
Player Experience: Any
License required: No (I have have ultimate)
Text/Voice/Video: Voice
Hack and slash level VS theater club: As much in the middle as possible.

I have been playing D&D since I was an annoying kid both as a Player and DM. I am looking for a group of relaxed but committed players who would be able to enjoy, and contribute to, the custom content I create. Newcomers and experienced players alike are welcome, I am a patient guy and willing to help.

Just PM if you're interested.

Here's part of the intro to the Meneg Tol setting:

"
Legend tells of a distant place, a safe haven created by an ancient deity to soothe the endless sorrow of widows of lost sailors at sea. Divine compassion gave height to an infinite number of peaks, one for each soul taken by the treacherous waters of the great salt lake stretching our world. Unlucky seamen loved by unlucky wives, for everyone knows that a soul lost at sea is a soul lost forever. After death, for eternity, each wife found her peak, and ever so slowly all those droplets of mourning filled valleys and canyons turning them into an ocean of tears. One thousand peaks became one thousand islands and Meneg Tol was born. A world within our own, as beautiful as dangerous, for the mourning which once filled countless hearts was replaced by eternal rage. The tears never stopped flowing, but now they flow as rain, mist into fog, and die in storms.

No one is really certain if there are indeed one thousand islands, hundreds have been sighted but only a score were ever named. In this infinite archipelago some areas more than others are denser in the number of islands, but all are washed by treacherous currents, engulfed in unpredictable weather and haunted by a quasi-permanent dense fog called fumus. The few folk who claim to have left the fog are said to have sailed hundreds of kilometers before finding open ocean with no islands to see.

Nature makes it difficult for any form of maritime navigation to be safe within Meneg Tol, making each island, or chain of islands, the more isolated from the next. On the rare occasion the dense fumus clears away and the real shape of the never ending archipelago shines through, even those who fear the sun and avoid the surface cannot deny the beauty of this geographical spectacle. The surface may be beautiful but the wise know the true magical features of this unique place lay underground, and underwater, where a whole world of tunnels and caves exists, all connecting in a grand network under the entire span of Meneg Tol. This underground world is called The Great Labyrinth, or just Labyrinth, even the most distant islands, otherwise almost impossible to reach by water, are part of this infinite maze.

In Meneg Tol rare clusters of islands exist in synergy to make bays which provide sanctuary to wildlife and sometimes even civilization, these groupings are called Elendil. One of these Elendil hosts a particularly mild micro-climate which results from the uncommon protection provided by surrounding mountains on land and a rare reef barrier on water. To the north stands the tallest of the peaks, Snowy Rock, so tall that it is often covered in white and shields the Elendil from the deadly northern winds. To the east lays Green Rock, the smallest of the islands, a flat green pasture. To the west, a long thin strip of land which serves as natural barrier to the violence of the ocean, Water Forest. To the south, Lonely Giant, the farthest of the islands a thick long wall of rock stretching for a few dozen kilometers.

Finally, Portus Secur, the central island which gives name to the Elendil, this G shaped maze of cliffs ending in a calm water caved bay is not only the geographical center of the Elendil but also the core of its civilization. Many centuries ago a group of settlers decided to make their home inside this cove, protected from natural elements and perfect for ships to harbor, and thus the settlement of Portus Secur was founded."

Phantasms
February 9th, 2016, 20:18
Pmed you very excited!

davidnog
February 9th, 2016, 21:03
Pmed you very excited!

Hey Phantasms,

Thanks for the interest, replied to your PM.

Rickerdoo
February 9th, 2016, 21:33
Wow that is a great history. :) PM sent

BarBEARian
February 11th, 2016, 00:32
bumping thread, sent you a PM

Odin
February 11th, 2016, 04:23
i would be interested, sounds great. I am new to FG, but a long time D&D player, if you still have openings i would like to have a go.

davidnog
February 11th, 2016, 14:45
i would be interested, sounds great. I am new to FG, but a long time D&D player, if you still have openings i would like to have a go.

Hey Odin, thanks for the interest! Do you mind PM'ing so we can talk a bit more bout the group?

Thanks

davidnog
February 12th, 2016, 11:01
Hi guys,

For new viewers:

Sorry I am not taking any more requests, I have plenty of players already interested and have to make a few tough decisions on picking a group of 6.

Thanks again for all your interest!

Best,
davidnog