PDA

View Full Version : Cannot manually enter values for skill challenges

bullywug
February 8th, 2016, 14:27
I apologize if this question has already been asked. I am having problems searching the forum. I have a group of players who are split between remote and local players. Some of the local players prefer to roll dice while remote players use the dice in Fantasy Grounds. The problem I've run into is with skill challenges. I cannot seem to figure out how to manually enter values for the skill challenges. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jshauber
February 8th, 2016, 14:31
What system?

I know for many rules you can use the party sheet skills tab as a GM. There is a spot there where you can enter a DC number that needs to be beat and then roll the dice yourself, it will return who passes/fails.

If the players are rolling manually then you should already know the target number correct? Just compare their rolls to what is needed and inform them if they passed or not.

bullywug
February 8th, 2016, 15:39
What system?

I know for many rules you can use the party sheet skills tab as a GM. There is a spot there where you can enter a DC number that needs to be beat and then roll the dice yourself, it will return who passes/fails.

If the players are rolling manually then you should already know the target number correct? Just compare their rolls to what is needed and inform them if they passed or not.

Thanks for the info. We're running D&D 4e. There is a skills button on the right menu which launches when I click the down arrow on the skill challenge I created. It fills in all the target numbers but what I'm running into is an inability to enter the values myself for the players rolling dice. I could just use this as a reference and manually keep track of the number of success/failures but it looks like the system is designed to help me track that. Anyway, that's what I'm looking for: the ability to use the skill challenge tracker to track results manually entered.

jshauber
February 8th, 2016, 16:07
OK, well unfortunately I have never played 4e so will be of no help in your solution.

I know there are quite a few around that do so I am sure one of them will be able to guide you as to it's functionality.

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2016, 22:29
There's no mechanism to enter a result manually in the skill challenge tracker.

However, you can enter something like "/die 20 [SKILL] Religion" in the chat entry box, press Enter, and drag the text from the chat log to the skill challenge tracker.

Regards,
JPG