PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help: Targeting has stopped working? Maybe I'm just confused.

drachs
February 8th, 2016, 03:36
I'm new to fantasy grounds, jut bought it today. Earlier today I swear the targeting was working just fine... The player could control click on an enemy, they would see the white arrow, I (as the DM) would see the white arrow, and I'd see the enemy targeted in their targeting box in the DM's combat tracker. Then if they do an attack, it would auto resolve. Or at least I thought that was all working, maybe I was confused?

Now no matter what happens the players can't seem to get anything targeted. They get their white arrow, but the target doesn't show up in the combat tracker next to the bullseye icon, so none of the auto resolution for attacks is working.

As the DM I can drag and rop the little targeting icon from the combat tracker's target box over a target and get things targeted for the player, but that's a real slow way to handle things. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Also, sometimes I can't see the players targeting arrows. It keeps show me arrows for player A, even when I have player B selected, for example.

damned
February 8th, 2016, 03:42
Welcome drachs.
For targeting - actually for ALWAYS - drag NPCs and Characters into the Combat Tracker and then from the CT onto the Map. If you dont do it this way it wont work.

drachs
February 8th, 2016, 04:17
Thanks! That fixed it. I was dragging the characters from the PC box to the combat tracker and from the PC box to the map.