PDA

View Full Version : Items vanishing

shadowsolair
February 8th, 2016, 01:41
Hello fellow FG users, I would like to know if anyone else has run into this issue.
I bought the game and the savage worlds add on and began entering items to purchase/find
as GM of course, at first I was aware of the /save so initially i hit that hurdle a few times
but now I save regularly, but I have encountered something else
Any item within a tab eg "Parcels, Armour, Weapons or Vehicles" it saves no problem.
but if left in the actual "Items" area, vanishes after closing the software, even if i saved.

Please advise!

Mask_of_winter
February 8th, 2016, 01:52
Couldn't recreate the issue. Can you type in /version and share what you get? Also, can you walk us through the exact steps you take to create the item?

damned
February 8th, 2016, 03:47
can you also set your c:\programdata\fantasy grounds folder permissions to include Write and Modify for the Users group.

shadowsolair
February 8th, 2016, 09:54
Here you go Mask_of_winter
Version 3.1.5
And when I create the item
I open the items section by clicking on the icon, then I either right click and click create item, or click the little / icon next o the search bar, then the green +
then once details are added I lock it and after a few entries i then do the /save command

and done Damned
Give me 5 mins and ill try your suggestion

shadowsolair
February 8th, 2016, 09:56
Tried Damned, the changes didnt fix
Made two random items in the items section [not a sub category]
saved and gone :/

damned
February 8th, 2016, 10:11
does your license show top right hand side when you launch fantasy grounds? what does it say?
which field did you enter your license key into?

shadowsolair
February 8th, 2016, 10:41
The main loading screen does not show my key no, does that mean i entered it into the wrong field?
I didnt buy ultimate, just standard $40 one

damned
February 8th, 2016, 10:45
it shouldnt show your key but it should show something like 3.1.5 Full License.
Go into Settings and add your license to the first license field and update again.

shadowsolair
February 8th, 2016, 10:50
The main loading screen does not show my key no, does that mean i entered it into the wrong field?
I didnt buy ultimate, just standard $40 one
Also after doing that nothing has changed, but note that the "buy full version" button next to ultimate isnt there? so I think its good?

damned
February 8th, 2016, 11:15
sent you a pm.

shadowsolair
February 8th, 2016, 20:14
I would like to mark this thread as solved.
The issue was that I have a secondary HDD where Steam is installed, by default FG creates directories in the C:/
So after Uninstalling and re-installing, then going into the settings and linking them to the FG in my Steam directory
bingo bango, done and dusted.

So if you have Steam installed on a seperate drive ensure you change the settings to link to the Steam folder :)

Have a awesome day guys!