PDA

View Full Version : Local AL woes, looking for a an online game

Nibbs
February 6th, 2016, 23:30
So without going into to it too much, the local AL group is awful. (DM regularly no shows, went two weeks and didn't get seated in the group, etc.) I really want to experience Adventurer's League and FG may be my only hope. Anyone have a spot open? My availability is pretty flexable.

Craw
February 8th, 2016, 17:46
Go to www.Alonlinetools.net and check the calendar. The games often appear to be horribly overbooked, but as game time approaches, a lot of times extra DMs step up and run extra sessions where there is a lot of interest.

JeffKnight
February 21st, 2016, 21:39
Sorry to hear about your AL troubles. The online site is a good place to start, but I'd also suggest contacting the local coordinator for your area and let him know that you are having these issues - there might be something he can do to help. https://dndadventurersleague.org/sage/index.php?title=Administrators#Arizona

FSHSchmo
February 24th, 2016, 23:56
Go to www.Alonlinetools.net and check the calendar. The games often appear to be horribly overbooked, but as game time approaches, a lot of times extra DMs step up and run extra sessions where there is a lot of interest.

I would also like to add no matter what spot you are in with you signup still showup and see if a spot opens up. I cannot tell you how many times I will have have 16 sign up and only have 6 show up... or even less.

ffujita
March 2nd, 2016, 22:09
On Sunday Night, I was signed up as #21 (48 hours earlier) and dropped to #19 by the start of game time. I was the sixth person at the table, #20 also played, but #21 was there an not able to play. I'd subjectively given myself a 50% chance of being able to play (at #21) -- so I agree with FSHSchmo, when you see #13-#16 people already signed up for a 7 player table -- roll your d20 and hope you don't get a 1.