PDA

View Full Version : Issue with images sent

Maspalio
February 6th, 2016, 16:53
Hi all,

Sorry if my question was answered before. I ran a game for 4 players few days ago. As i sent images to them, 1 player couldn't load the images. The others got them pretty quickly. The unfortunate player sayed he had a loading message, then nothing popped on his screen. I guess he has a small bandwitch, but he kept saying his connexion is ok. Should he change something, or should i check some options in FG ?

Thanks

Zacchaeus
February 6th, 2016, 17:46
No, there's nothing the player needs to do to get images except connect to you. If he's connected ok then he should get everything you send.

The main culprit that I see on these boards is image size. Try to make sure that any images are well below 1mb (half that is good), since if the image is big then it can take a long time before everyone gets it.

The image should just pop up on his screen but I wonder if he maybe closed the window before the image downloaded. If so then he'll find the image in the images folder.

Trenloe
February 6th, 2016, 18:15
Another possibility is that the player in question can't store the downloaded image data in their local player cache. When they next play, they should start FG by right-clicking on the startup icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" then join the game as normal.

If this doesn't change anything they should try clearing their player cache. On the "Join game" screen the player with the issue should click the nuclear button in the top right before joining the game.

damned
February 7th, 2016, 01:44
If you want to check your permissions - launch fantasy grounds and click on the folder icon top right of the splash screen. go up one level and right click teh fantasy grounds folder and choose properties -> security
users, all users or YOUR user should have Write and modify permissions to the folder.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/permissions.gif

Maspalio
February 7th, 2016, 15:01
Thanks a lot for your help and answers.

Griogre
February 7th, 2016, 18:20
If it not a permission problem and its only one player, then its usually a symptom of a flaky internet connection. If the player is using a wireless connection suggest they move closer to the router or plug in a network cable and use a wired connection.