PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e One Shot - Dark and Stormy Knight - 2/11 8:00PM PST

MidasKing
February 6th, 2016, 05:10
FG License: GM has Full so no demo players, sorry.
Game System: D&D 5e

Day of week and time: Thursday, February 11th, at 8:00pm PST (Countdown Link (https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20160211T20&p0=2359&msg=D%26D+5e+One+Shot+-+Dark+and+Stormy+Knight&font=sanserif))
Game Length: Three hours or so
Planned Frequency: One Shot
Term: This time slot works well for me. If others are interested in the slot, I would be happy to make this a long term campaign.

Text or Voice: Voice only
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, I hope to encourage solid role playing in both combat and non-combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 to 5
Character starting level & equipment: Characters start at Level 3. Basic gear only. Bring your own character if possible! If not, I will open my server up one hour early so you can build your character. I will also have several pre-mades ready just in case.
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes according to the PHB.

Details: I'm looking for a crew of solid, consistent players to launch a long-term campaign. I hope to get a good group put together and turn these one shots into something bigger. If you're interested in this time slot, please apply! We will be using TeamSpeak and will roleplay as much as is appropriate for this particular dungeon crawl.

If you are new to FG or 5e, please get familiar with the game and the program ahead of time. The less teaching we have to do, the more time we can spend playing!

Please reply below or PM me if you have questions.
Thanks all! Hope to see you in game.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1830

RageArmor
February 6th, 2016, 06:44
I'll join with my Human Fighter, Sir Fredrick "Knight of the Round Stable". Let me just level him up so he will be ready for the campaign. As a side note, you allowing the rolled stats, or do you want to just have me use box standard?

MidasKing
February 6th, 2016, 06:56
Glad to have you on board. Go ahead and roll stats if you'd like.

RageArmor
February 6th, 2016, 07:03
Glad to have you on board. Go ahead and roll stats if you'd like.

Gratzi, i had already had his stats rolled which (With the Bonuses from the Race factored in comes out to str 19, dex 10, con 18, int 9, wis 13, and cha 10 with a rolled hp of 44) The feat he has is Charger, and he fights with three main styles, two weapon axes, axe & shield, and 2 handed axe. I've filled in the minor stuff on the character sheet, i will save the rest for when i import him just so that way i can have those little tabs off to the side, and it makes things much faster than to type it all in myself. As for now i will just give him the basic starter equipment listed in the PHB.

original rolls were 18,17,10,9,13,10.

Got him all set up and ready. Decided to just type it all in. Sir Fredrick, lvl 3 Battle Master Fighter. Specializing in Riposte, Trip, and Feinting attacks.

Edit: or not. Turns out i wont be able to play. Only have the Demo version. Sorry mate. I did not see that you only wanted full license players until now.

MidasKing
February 6th, 2016, 08:34
Gratzi, i had already had his stats rolled which (With the Bonuses from the Race factored in comes out to str 19, dex 10, con 18, int 9, wis 13, and cha 10 with a rolled hp of 44) The feat he has is Charger, and he fights with three main styles, two weapon axes, axe & shield, and 2 handed axe. I've filled in the minor stuff on the character sheet, i will save the rest for when i import him just so that way i can have those little tabs off to the side, and it makes things much faster than to type it all in myself. As for now i will just give him the basic starter equipment listed in the PHB.

original rolls were 18,17,10,9,13,10.

Got him all set up and ready. Decided to just type it all in. Sir Fredrick, lvl 3 Battle Master Fighter. Specializing in Riposte, Trip, and Feinting attacks.

Edit: or not. Turns out i wont be able to play. Only have the Demo version. Sorry mate. I did not see that you only wanted full license players until now.

No worries. There is a free 30 day trial of the full version available if you still want to join in.

RageArmor
February 6th, 2016, 08:38
No worries. There is a free 30 day trial of the full version available if you still want to join in.

It's not.

davh565
February 6th, 2016, 10:20
I'm keen to play. Thinking I might try a Druid.
I'm a full licence user, and have been playing 5e on FG for about 2-3 months.

MidasKing
February 6th, 2016, 15:42
Sounds great, davh

damned
February 7th, 2016, 01:49
It's not.

Check the subscription option. Sign up for $4/month subscription and your first month is free. Can cancel at any time. Note - when you do cancel your license will stop working straight away. One free month per user.

ninjajoe99
February 7th, 2016, 19:50
hello,
I've played roleplaying games my whole life but am brand new to 5e. I have extensive experience in 2 and 3.5 though. I skipped 4. I've been mostly playing a SW game lately on the WEG D6 rules but have been wanting to get back into DnD. I'm also new to FG but have been playing and GM on roll 20 so the learning curve should be short. I have read through the PHB and worked on making characters to familiarize myself. I think a one-shot is a good way to jump into the 5e rules and try some things out but I too am looking for a long term group in the future. I typically like to play a rogue/fighter multiclass but could play just one or the other if needed. I hope there is room for me in the group.

MidasKing
February 7th, 2016, 21:39
Hey Joe,

There is still room in the group. Please apply on the game calendar.

I'd recommend watching a couple YouTube videos on building a 5e character in Fantasy Grounds and using the combat tracker. If you're familiar with that, we should be good to go.

See you Thursday!

Rickerdoo
February 9th, 2016, 04:44
Any open spots left?

MidasKing
February 9th, 2016, 23:28
Sorry man, I'm full with a waitlist. I'll be looking for people to jump in the following Thursday though (3/18) at the same time for a different adventure. After that, I'll probably start inviting for my long term campaign. You're welcome to apply!

antlord
February 11th, 2016, 01:35
just a quick question would you like use to role our stats or should we do a buy in? in addition i plan on playing a rogue but could switch to anything really.

MidasKing
February 11th, 2016, 02:07
I'm fine rolling stats. And the class should be fine. ;)

ninjajoe99
February 11th, 2016, 02:39
optional feat variant for humans?

MidasKing
February 11th, 2016, 03:43
Sure, go for it.
If you guys are too strong, I'll just add in a few monster reinforcements :)

MidasKing
February 12th, 2016, 07:37
Thanks for the great game, guys! Hope you can join me next week.