PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Modules, why Spellcasters npcs are incomplete?

Zephyros
February 6th, 2016, 00:11
Hi all.

I bought the Out of the Abyss and Elemental Evil adventure modules, and I'm currently DMing the Elemental Evil one.

Just a question: Why so many creatures that have spellcasting ability don't come with the spells needed? :confused: (btw, I have the PHB and MM modules too).

You guys didn't put the spells because is "content" of other module, because I believe that the npcs and monsters used in the adventure is included in the module, right? If so, with the SRD, will you guys update these npcs? Is a little frustrating to find out in the middle of the session that some NPCs are incomplete.

Trenloe
February 6th, 2016, 00:34
Can you give some examples? I've had a quick look at Out of the Abyss, the Drow Priestess as an example: scroll down on the main tab and each spell is listed - first in a section "Innate Spells" and also in a "Spells" section. When the NPC is dragged to the combat tracker all of these spells will also appear in the offense section (press the sword icon).

Zephyros
February 6th, 2016, 00:59
The one that I can remember right off the top of my head was in the Elemental Evil... Air spellcasters like Skyweaver and Hurricane. I remember that I tought Skyweaver weaker than Hurricane (but high CR) in the combat tracker, then I saw in the Spellcasting that he could cast 2th and 3th spells, but in the combat tracker only listed 1th spells. Others elemental npcs happened it too, the StoneSomething from Black Earth don't have all the spells listed.

Trenloe
February 6th, 2016, 01:08
Yep, I see Skyweaver lists the spells: cantrips to third but only has info for cantrips and first level.

Please log specific examples in the 5E bug thread and I'm sure this will be addressed in a future update. 5E bug thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports

Zephyros
February 6th, 2016, 01:18
I made a quick read in the bug thread and someone alright addressed the Skyweaver example. I'll try to find others npcs and will post it soon. Tks for the attention!.

spoofer
February 6th, 2016, 01:25
Yep, I see Skyweaver lists the spells: cantrips to third but only has info for cantrips and first level.

Please log specific examples in the 5E bug thread and I'm sure this will be addressed in a future update. 5E bug thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports

There is a typo in the traits. I posted a bug report, with a detailed image.

Kevin

Trenloe
February 6th, 2016, 02:01
I'll try to find others npcs and will post it soon. Tks for the attention!.
Thank you for pointing out the issue. The FG devs can't be 100% perfect (even though they try), so it's nice when the community points out any omissions/issues.

Zacchaeus
February 6th, 2016, 10:51
Indeed, thanks for pointing these out. I've noted that a number of NPCs from earlier modules are missing various spells and these should all get fixed in the near future. But keep reporting.