PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Players and GM (D&D 5E)

AlonBinyamin
February 5th, 2016, 20:31
Hey,

I would like to set up a group, composed of new players to experience the adventures published for D&D 5th edition (starter set adventure, Tyranny of Dragons and so on ..).

I was always interested in role playing games but never actually played because of a lack of partners. Recently, the program Critical role (geek & Sundry) rekindled the desire to play again so I thought I'd give it a try, again :)

I guess the hardest thing will be finding a DM willing to play with the group, but I figured I'd try anyway.

Since the group will be composed of new players, I will not burden you all with requirements. I will Just mention that I think the style of game that I would enjoy will put an emphasis on role-play and less on battles and numbers (although it's fun .. I'm sure :) )

It makes sense that the group will consist of ages 30+ (as am I).
I'm available on Friday and Saturday, or from about 18 PM on other weekdays (GMT).

I'd love to hear from those interested in joining, especially those who are interested in taking up the DM role.

:)

damned
February 6th, 2016, 01:01
Welcome AlonBinyamin.
Is there anything that is stopping you from giving the DMs role a go?
See the big grins on everyones face and how much fun the Critical Role DM is having every time he opens his mouth :)
Dont let being new hamper you. New is new only until you start. All of us are still learning.

MadCar_1
February 6th, 2016, 02:40
I'm running two real-life campaigns, and use Fantasy Grounds and a 60" TV as my campaign mapping and NPC tool. I've got the ultimate edition with all the D&D modules. I've never run or played in a virtual game with FG, but might be ready in 6 to 8 weeks, once one of my real-life campaigns finishes. I've got a learning curve to get through in that I've never setup audio or video group sessions which means my first couple sessions would be experimental.

MadCar_1

AlonBinyamin
February 6th, 2016, 15:03
Welcome AlonBinyamin.
Is there anything that is stopping you from giving the DMs role a go?
See the big grins on everyones face and how much fun the Critical Role DM is having every time he opens his mouth :)
Dont let being new hamper you. New is new only until you start. All of us are still learning.

You are absolutely right, no question!
But I still think I`m not quite ready for this yet.
Maybe in the future :)

AlonBinyamin
February 6th, 2016, 15:18
Hey all,

The search continues if anyone else wants to jump on the train :)

Black Hammer
February 6th, 2016, 18:52
I don't generally run modules that I didn't write or D&D these days, but I might be willing to make an exception on the second bit if you have people interested in playing.

Hermundure
February 6th, 2016, 19:57
I would jump in and play also because I am quite new myself and dont know any of the official modules :-)

AlonBinyamin
February 6th, 2016, 21:57
Hey all,

Thanks for the great responses!
I've sent everyone a private massage. If you didn't receive one, let me know.

Alon

krakistophales
February 10th, 2016, 04:02
Still looking for players?

lokiare
February 10th, 2016, 14:53
I'm looking to get into a new 5E game. Did you find a DM and still have an opening for a dwarven wizard?

AlonBinyamin
February 10th, 2016, 18:26
A bump and an update

This group is still open and looking for players (see first post for details).

Since no GM was up to the challenge we do not have an experienced GM to lead the group.
However, quitting is for people with batter things to do!
I have decided, very stupidly, to take the mantle myself.

If any of you would like to join a group with a GM who has absolutely no experience as a GM or as a player, a group that will put all those veteran groups to shame! :), you are more than welcome to let me know.

And that’s it
Hopefully this would be more fun than scary :)

The game will be held GMT-ish time (UTC).

Feel free to get in touch with any questions.

Rogue
February 11th, 2016, 17:32
Sent you a PM

FattyJones
February 12th, 2016, 15:35
Looking to play as well. New to 5E and FG, but doing my reading. Own full license with PH. Willing to play a number of roles, depending on what other folks want to do. Really looking at this as a learning experience, and would like to see some of the official content modules sometime, if not right away. Available Friday afternoons and evenings, anytime on Saturdays, and Sunday mornings and afternoons.

Wake up call for work is around 5:30am during the week, so it kinda puts a damper on gaming on work nights for me. US Central time zone.

AlonBinyamin
February 15th, 2016, 17:34
post closed.

damned
February 16th, 2016, 12:57
Since no GM was up to the challenge we do not have an experienced GM to lead the group.
However, quitting is for people with batter things to do!

Heya! Go for it - its really not too bad. Ok, the first few sessions might be rough but relax into it and dont try to use all the bells and whistles straight away!
get the players to do their own rule checking and to describe teh effects of their spells etc and see how it all works out!

Ellspeth
February 16th, 2016, 13:21
Hiya Alon, I agree with Damned go for it, from one very very new RPG player and even greener GM, it is only scary the first time. Wait, I have heard that line in some other context, never mind it will come to me eventually. If you do have difficulty with any aspect of running the game I have found the help here in the community to be beyond valuable. Good luck and have fun.

Torsryk
February 16th, 2016, 14:34
Hi Alon,
If you're still looking for players, I'm definitely interested in joining! I'm new to FG and relatively new to D&D but I have played and DMd some modules too.
Lemme know if you're still looking. I live in the UK and free to play most evenings.
Thanks,
Torsryk

damned
February 17th, 2016, 01:39
...it is only scary the first time. Wait, I have heard that line in some other context, never mind it will come to me eventually...

;) Ellspeth!