PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Popularity

Patou
February 4th, 2016, 14:21
Well I just wanted to share the fact that I talk about this amazing software with all my gaming contacts & friends. Yesterday at a players meet I sold you guys again to a bunch of friends. As they looked at what the software could do in regards to helping speed up the game and combat and the other cool things that come with Fantasy Grounds they pretty much freaked. I then went ahead and showed them what you could find in the store and how Wizards of the Coast was part of their library. So with this said I think you'll be selling a few more licences. I also showed David from Tabletopping on Youtube my setup and he was jealous. I follow you guys on Twitter as well! Not expecting any handouts....just want to share my love for the software!

Cheers from Patou! Keep up the good work super Team FG!

Your follower from Quebec

Patou
February 4th, 2016, 15:13
Sorry... should have posted this in ''Show your love of Fantasy Grounds''..

My bad

Ardem
February 5th, 2016, 03:30
Nice work Patou, FG is my premier gaming platform now for a number of years. And will be for a long time yet.

Patou
February 5th, 2016, 14:19
Nice work Patou, FG is my premier gaming platform now for a number of years. And will be for a long time yet.

Thanks man:) Yup definitely the must for DM's

ddavison
February 5th, 2016, 14:46
Thanks Patou, users like you help us get out the word and help us continue to grow. We've been doing more and more marketing over time, but there are still a large number of gamers who have never heard of it or who have heard incorrect things about the software.

Patou
February 5th, 2016, 15:41
Thank you Doug. I still have yet to try a game online with other players. With guys like David (Table Topping on Youtube) it really helps you guys get out there! I worked in customer service for over 20 years and you never know when another career opportunity is out there.... hehe (wink, wink). I love seeing the success you guys are having and that simply sheds positive vibes for the future to look forward to.

Anyways I love the software and I own the books plus the FG version of those books(PHB, MM, etc.). Loyal in both worlds to everybody. Take care and have a great weekend!

Patou
March 14th, 2016, 14:42
Some more awesome gaming with FG. Sharing this with my contacts on Twitter @PatouLeFou13395

Skillkoil
March 14th, 2016, 17:19
Patou that is a great photo. I never even thought to do that for home games. I love your setup and using the projector is amazing! Well done sir. Well done!

Patou
March 14th, 2016, 18:55
Patou that is a great photo. I never even thought to do that for home games. I love your setup and using the projector is amazing! Well done sir. Well done!

Thank you sir.... it's getting there:)

Patou
March 14th, 2016, 19:07

Thank you sir.... it's getting there:)

kalnaren
March 16th, 2016, 14:54
As someone new to DMing I think I'd be lost without FG. I looked at every online solution out there and FG is by far the best (especially if you're playing a supported system). From what I've seen in RPG forums and the like it's not that popular, mostly because of the cost. It really amazes me that people have no issue spending $500 on rulebooks and supplements, but $50 for one of the best RPG software tools out there is "too expensive."

Ellspeth
March 16th, 2016, 15:02
Fantasy Grounds was also my introduction to RPG's, I have never played one anywhere else. I am sure Mr. D has more precise figures, but if I recall correctly (my memory is pretty good) there were a little over 20,000 registered members here on the forums when I joined November 2014, now it shows well over 30,000 which is a growth of 1/3 in a little over a year, pretty impressive numbers, but still a LOT of room for growth.

Patou
March 16th, 2016, 16:02
As someone new to DMing I think I'd be lost without FG. I looked at every online solution out there and FG is by far the best (especially if you're playing a supported system). From what I've seen in RPG forums and the like it's not that popular, mostly because of the cost. It really amazes me that people have no issue spending $500 on rulebooks and supplements, but $50 for one of the best RPG software tools out there is "too expensive."

If you take the time to sit down and look at the numbers you are a winner in the end if you go with FG. For a normal license it's $40 bucks....which you pay once. That's it. This is not yearly, it is just that once. Everything else is at your fingertips. It will only cost more if you want to have everything pre-made for you sucj as the modules. As a big time D&D fan and with my personal life and family sometimes I'm short on time and for me having the team at FG make these awesome modules all pre-set is a dream..... and on top of it you can still tweak it like you want with a click of a button. Personally I think it's a real deal!