PDA

View Full Version : Now I've gona and done it... a d100 CRIT and d100 FUMBLE table... I need help!

rob2e
February 4th, 2016, 05:30
OK guys, I went nuts and expanded the 5E community crit/fumble tables to 100 each. However, I did it in Excel. Now I need an easy way to make it a new table, but I'm not sure what the best way is.

HELP!?

ThanX.

kylania
February 4th, 2016, 05:45
Par5e I would guess? HEre's the format to import a table, should be able to add the row 1 and 1 columns and export to CSV and edit from there:

#@;Mulmaster Bonds and Backgrounds
##;Mulmaster Bonds
#!;You can use these bonds for your characters that come from the city of Mulmaster.
The City of Danger has earned that moniker. For those that grew up in the city, a multitude of driving loyalties can spur them into action.
column;Bond
dice;d20
row;1;1;When I first came to Mulmaster, I worked at a high-end dance hall called the Wave and Wink. My bosses were the owner, Urdun Brizik and his beautiful wife, Kata. They treated me like family. I’d do anything for them!
row;2;2;I donated heavily to the restoration of the House Built on Gold, the restored temple of Waukeen. I really want it to succeed. I believe Waukeen will reward me for my efforts.

rob2e
February 4th, 2016, 05:47
Yikes, I knew someone would suggest that. I know NOTHING about par5e. Is that the only (preferred and easy) way?

kp9911
February 4th, 2016, 06:21
Par5e is the best way for a bulk import and as kylania mentioned the syntax is quite straight forward.

Text in '<>' are mandatory
Text in '()' are my comments

#@;<Mod/Header Name>
##;<Table Name>
#!;<Short Description>
column;<column name>
dice;<dice type> (In your case its d%)
(For each unique row here after)
row;<Lower dice value>;<Upper dice value>;<Text as per columns defined>

spite
February 4th, 2016, 07:12
Tables are one of the easiest things to do in par5e! Simply following the guide will do it, alternatively, I am happy to help you out with the par5e side of things.

rob2e
February 4th, 2016, 07:15
Tables are one of the easiest things to do in par5e! Simply following the guide will do it, alternatively, I am happy to help you out with the par5e side of things.

ThanX Spite. Is there a quick tutorial I might find that doesn't involve 96 hours of training? Ha!

Mask_of_winter
February 4th, 2016, 07:19
Why can't you do it inside FG and copy & paste?

rob2e
February 4th, 2016, 07:22
Why can't you do it inside FG and copy & paste?

I CAN absolutely do it that way, but with 400 entries, i was looking for a faster way. Copy and paste 400 times, didn't seem right to me.

Title and effect (2 entries) x 100 x 2 tables = 400

Mask_of_winter
February 4th, 2016, 07:38
I hear ya. You'd still have to copy and paste or edit 400 lines with par5e though.
Maybe if other guys helped you out. Wth help, you get advantage on your roll hehe

rob2e
February 4th, 2016, 07:40
Wouldn't par5e eliminate the copy/paste?

spite
February 4th, 2016, 07:55
Yes and no, you need to add a line-starter to every single line.

damned
February 4th, 2016, 09:49
Do it thru Par5e. Take up spites offer - it will be a refreshing hour or so and you will learn the power of Par5e for your next project.

spoofer
February 6th, 2016, 01:32
I did a 5e fumble and crit table that overwrites the default one. I will convert yours for you if you want. All I need to do is paste your entries into my txt file, run Par5e and bingo done!

Send me a private message if you want my assistance.

Kevin

rob2e
February 6th, 2016, 02:46
I did a 5e fumble and crit table that overwrites the default one. I will convert yours for you if you want. All I need to do is paste your entries into my txt file, run Par5e and bingo done!

Send me a private message if you want my assistance.

Kevin

Hey Kevin. If you just open my tables they work as the default tables.

Nylanfs
February 6th, 2016, 03:08
Hey guys, if you want to see something interesting to convert with tables. Check this out.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/86417/Torn-Asunder-Critical-Hits-PFRPG-Edition

jshauber
February 6th, 2016, 03:49
Hey guys, if you want to see something interesting to convert with tables. Check this out.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/86417/Torn-Asunder-Critical-Hits-PFRPG-Edition

So, basically they are doing what Role Master/ICE did years ago....

JohnD
February 6th, 2016, 04:37
So, basically they are doing what Role Master/ICE did years ago....

Was thinking the same thing... just use Arms Law

MTS
February 10th, 2016, 06:20
Awesomeness.

Hey when you change the default Crit/Fail tables, what prevents them from being overridden during an update from FG?

rob2e
February 10th, 2016, 07:05
Awesomeness.

Hey when you change the default Crit/Fail tables, what prevents them from being overridden during an update from FG?

MTS, I got an email saying you responded here with...

So Rob... did you do it? Did you successfully import your crit/fumble tables?

I did this several times - but could not for the life of me get it to save. I finally went into the db and changed the XML manually. But now I'm thinking that the next update from FG will over-write my crit tables. I've searched through the wiki for information, but no success yet. Does anyone know how to preserve these kinds of changes that have the potential of getting overwritten?

I'd love to see your excel file... :)

You must have changed that?

Anyway, I made my own xml file. Then I converted it to .mod and I just turn off FG crit tables, and turn mine on.

Works great.

The mod and PDF info are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28207-Here-s-my-new-d100-Critical-Hit-Fumble-tables

kp9911
February 11th, 2016, 17:49
@OP I can also help you prepare the par5e file if you like. I have been using this tool for around 2 weeks now lol