PDA

View Full Version : new player, to 5E and FG

FattyJones
February 4th, 2016, 00:30
I know, I know, it's not exactly a killer resume or a great draw.

I have been through the tutorial videos once now, and i think i have the basics down.
I think I still need to read up on 5E a bit, but with some guidance I'm betting I could get the hang of it pretty quickly.

I am looking for a new player/dm group that can meet on a regular basis on either Friday evenings, Saturday anytime, or Sunday mornings/afternoons.
Would like to learn how to play 5E and utilize FG to do it. Would like to play through some of the official content modules, if possible, once we are confident we know what we're doing.

I am 42 years old, no kids/family (yet), and my background was is red/blue/green box basic, adnd, 2nd ed, 3rd ed, warhammer quest, shadowrun, all sorts of pc/genesis/playstation/xbox crappola, and currently the guys like to play arkham horror and descent when we are able to get together (which isnt too often). We had a 2nd edition campaign going for few sessions, but the others just don't have the time or the "brain-power," evidently, to try to keep up with a storied campaign. And so, disappointed with what Sword Coast Legends turned out not to be, here I am; less around a 100 bucks or so with the 5E player handbook and a "full" copy of the game.

I am respectful of others, willing to learn, willing to do some "one-shot" learning escapades, not into real "heavy" roleplaying, though I would probably be willing to go on teamspeak or somesuch. I would not consent to live streaming where my voice or image was recorded. I may swear a little bit in the teamspeak, and tend not to have a "filter" when I am enjoying myself, though I don't think I am excessively crude or offensive. If you are looking for another player to test or to learn with, give me a shout-out, otherwise this weekend I will probably be reading through that player manual. You folks be good out there. You don't have to be lawful-good, but sometimes you have to be good.

damned
February 4th, 2016, 02:49
Hey FattyJones Im sure you wil fit in fine around here :)
Games fill up quick so the best advise is to read this forum daily and express you interest on any games that might fit your needs.
You look like you have played a lot of different systems so dont limit yourself only to D&D if you start finding it hard to find a D&D game. Jump into a one short or short campaign too if you see that on offer. Over time you will find a game or games :)