PDA

View Full Version : UKG Publishing Announces our First Conversion on RPGNow

ukgpublishing
March 14th, 2005, 08:36
UKG Publishing are pleased to announce the first of our Fantasy Ground Conversions on RPGNow.

This mini adventure for 1st level characters is priced at $2.50 and includes both the campaign and module files for Fantasy Grounds, tokens for all the monsters, our interactive web based version, and a fully printable version of the adventure for traditional play. Also included are the 25mm floorplans for the dungeon.

https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=4444&Src=FantasyGrounds

John Milner
UKG Publishing

https://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/

Ilwan
March 14th, 2005, 10:46
looking forward to this. Hope RPGNow will validate it asap, cant wait to get it.

ukgpublishing
March 15th, 2005, 05:52
The adventure has gone live, apologies for the delay,

John Milner
UKG Publishing

https://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/

onky
March 15th, 2005, 15:39
sweeeet:)

Purchasing my copy now... ;) Doh, even before I bought Fantasy Grounds...!:P

ukgpublishing
March 16th, 2005, 13:58
sweeeet:)

Purchasing my copy now... ;) Doh, even before I bought Fantasy Grounds...!:P

Lol, I never new we had sooooo much drawing power :lol:

On a more serious note, I hope all of you who have used our freebie (see stick post above) and this adventure have found them useful and entertaining.

We are therefore commiting to releasing all our future d20 products with a Fantasy Grounds module as standard and will be converting all our existing adventures and source material to include a Fantasy Grounds option.

If you have any suggestions or features you feel would enhance these products please feel free and we will attempt to accomodate them.

Elric
March 18th, 2005, 15:20
Even though I'm not a d20 person, I went ahead and got this rascal last night. Can I convert it (for personal use) to AD&D 1E and kLoOge.Werks? :D

ukgpublishing
March 19th, 2005, 00:30
Even though I'm not a d20 person, I went ahead and got this rascal last night. Can I convert it (for personal use) to AD&D 1E and kLoOge.Werks? :D

By all means convert it back to 1st Ed (it was originally written in 1st Ed some time ago), the only restriction is that any such conversion are for personal use only. You know the usual :-)

Thanks

onky
March 19th, 2005, 10:35
What could be an idea is to protect modules with a password which refers to a word from the original book or pdf, so people who want to play a module that is converted from a publisher, will have to buy the original first....

btw, not without notifying the authors first of course.

Good or bad?

ukgpublishing
March 19th, 2005, 19:10
What could be an idea is to protect modules with a password which refers to a word from the original book or pdf, so people who want to play a module that is converted from a publisher, will have to buy the original first....

btw, not without notifying the authors first of course.

Good or bad?

I think for some publishers that would be a good idea, as they are fiercely protective of their work. These are generally the publishers who sell through DrivethruRPG usng the DRM aspects of pdfs.

Personally, as long as a convertion is not used for profit, I don't have too much of a problem with people converting our work, although a credit to the original work would be nice :-)

onky
March 19th, 2005, 19:30
I'd be careful with that IMHO... Of course crediting could work, but it is your intellectual property and it would be a good way to protect it like that.... It is noble that you wouldn't mind if it was used in a converted format, but still... It's your brainchild that would become available to the public in a different way:)

btw, when is the next module going to be released for FG on RPGnow? :D

ukgpublishing
March 19th, 2005, 20:26
I'd be careful with that IMHO... Of course crediting could work, but it is your intellectual property and it would be a good way to protect it like that.... It is noble that you wouldn't mind if it was used in a converted format, but still... It's your brainchild that would become available to the public in a different way:)

The 'big' companies have budgets for advertising and raising awareness of their products, which of course are not available to the smaller press like our selves. So I naturally view any exposure to our work, whether it is through a product bought from RPGNow, or a conversion of a 3e adventure to 1st Ed which a player partakes in, as good press. Even better if the player enjoys it :-)

btw, when is the next module going to be released for FG on RPGnow? :D

I would imagine the next FG conversion will be up in around 10 - 14 days at the outside.

Thanks