PDA

View Full Version : Druid NPC (DD5E SRD Bestiary))

Alduin Starborn
February 2nd, 2016, 21:37
Looking at the Quarterstaff action:

Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit (+4 to hit with shillelagh), reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage, or 6 (1d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage with shillelagh or if wielded with two hands.

It is possible to double click on Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, but not on +4 to hit with shillelagh. However if I change the action description to:

Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, or Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit with shillelagh, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage, or 6 (1d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage with shillelagh or if wielded with two hands.

then i can click on Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit

Was this fact simply overlooked or there is some kind of reason behind the official action text description?

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2016, 21:48
Yes, the parser won't pick up on the +4 to hit in the brackets. I'll note that down for amendment. Thanks for pointing it out.

For future reference there's a sticky at the top of this forum for bug reporting.

Alduin Starborn
February 2nd, 2016, 22:18
I will, thank you.

Alduin Starborn
February 3rd, 2016, 09:10
I just noticed that there are a few other things that do not feel right (since I already opened this thread I thought it was better to not open a new one):

* no saving throws are listed for the druid NPC, but since it is said to be a 4th level spell caster wouldn't the correct entry be: INT +3, WIS +4
* HP lists 5d8+5, shouldn't it be 4d8+4?

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2016, 09:18
I just noticed that there are a few other things that do not feel right (since I already opened this thread I thought it was better to not open a new one):

* no saving throws are listed for the druid NPC, but since it is said to be a 4th level spell caster wouldn't the correct entry be: INT +3, WIS +4
* HP lists 5d8+5, shouldn't it be 4d8+4?

You'll need to take that up with WotC. The FG version just reflects exactly what's in the Monster Manual. :)